Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks for the info,the Saturday night bazzar has (and will always be)a great night out,glad it's up and running.Siolim is a bit far out, but worth the trip. As for the taxi fare... well worth it in my mind.I think when we go we will make plans to travel up the coast on the Sat morning,and check in somewhere for the night and then onto Ingos and back to Candolim Sunday.
My sources have told methat Ingo's market was good on Saturday night, however it will notbe open this Saturday night because there is a religious festival at the temple in the grounds (10th December). It will re-start on the 17th.
We didn't find out that Ingos was open this Saturday until Sunday morning! :cry: Yes, Shermina is right..its not on this week because of a festival but is open the following week!
More trouble for Ingos Will it ever get going this year Alan
http://www.oheraldo.in/node/7653
Not if this keeps happening gramps... doesn't sound good does it?
http://oheraldo.in/node/7643
Lots of problems... Hundreds of people setting of fireworks, setting fire to things and throwing stones to try and stop the Ingo market.... :?
Doesn`t sound good at all, why was it moved in the first place ?
I think it was moved in the first place as it was just so damn busy on the road each saturday night OR they kept putting the rent up (as far as I'm aware he rented the land)... Other than that I don't know... One of our volunteers was supposed to be having a stall there but each week she says it's on then each week her head is in her hands going 'Arrgghhh', we have an official 'Scream Room' at the Mango house for such times :wink:
Ingo is now back to the original spot at Arpora. It may be 31st and 1st night market just to kick off his return
Hi Mr Goa Dentist... Not heard much from you recently... By the way... When you're not so busy what do you think about doing a few (100?) free check ups for the kids? Email me if you think you can, no worries if you can't, most of the slum kids have perfect teeth (low sugar intake), but the odd family seems to have a greater supply of 'chocolate'.... Anyway, yes Ingo's is back on, in his old place... They've asked the stall holders if they'd like to do both Saturday and Sunday, but has a decision been made? The downside to it is because It's new years eve /day and I guess they'll all be off to the beach for the celebrations....?

You never know there might be huge protests there too... It's such a drama this year, one of our poor volunteers has bought a stall there and each week she keeps saying... It's on this week... Oh, it's been cancelled... :?
Anything for the children Rob. You set it up and I will be there , not a problem at all !!

Would love to see the market back in Arpora... its so close to me ; will just have to wait and see if it kicks off smoothly .
Anyone got any updates on if it's going ahead and if so where. We,ve enjoyed it on our last few visits and are back again in a couple of weeks so heres hoping. I'm not too concerned about Igno as I'm sure he has a bob or too put by and he wo'nt starve but we know several local people who have stalls there and will be struggling with the lost income since the season started How is Mackies market doing? We visited it early in November but although it had taken place the week before, when we went, it just was'nt on, but nobody could tell us why Alan
just got back and whilst at Mackies market on saturday night were told that Ingos was on too. We didnt bother going cos we enjoyed Mackies the week before too, when Ingos wasnt on, but Ingo seems to have irritated a lot of people as we heard nothing but negative reports about the man.
Yes Ingo is back in his original place. Cant really say much about the man but its been a lot of negative publicity. Havent seen Mackies this season as i cant get the car past Marinha Dourado !!

Ambert
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.