Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I don't have personal experience but a friend of mine stayed there year before last and had an absolutely great time, it was her first visit to Goa and she and a friend went to the Champneys for a birthday treat, they stayed there for 1 week and were completely pampered.
It's a fair way south just to see if you can get some goodies cheaper.
Why not email them through the Intercontinental website and ask for prices?
I don't imagine it will be as cheap as you might expect for Goa, the hotel targets conferences, business groups etc..
I havn't stayed there but I agree with Chris it is the only hotel in South Goa which is very isolated (South of Palolem) a good hour to an hour and a half by taxi before you would even get back up to Margao
Thanks for the quick replies folks, I will print off a copy of this page and show the O/H. I had a look at the Champneys prices for a weekend stay over here :yikes and I could book a week in Goa for what they charge.
Thanks again...Keith
Hi,

I stayed at the Interc' for 1 night (free) when a flight was delayed. Ridiculously high prices on rooms. Amazing facilities if you like that sort of thing, had no character and you could have been anywhere in the world. I guess a lot of people who stay here don't venture out into the real Goa.

Personally speaking If you want luxury in Goa you can find smaller boutique hotels that are much better and not giving a big corporate your money.

Still if that's what you want give it a try, but I would say you are throwing your money away.
I went with friends for a meal and its very expensive and a lot of drunk russians. Even the privat restaurants outside are not cheap as they maily cater for the hotel guests Its situated right at the bottem of south goa with a huge river blocking one direction.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.