Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I'm not sure about "WiFi" access in Benidorm. I'm not even sure I know what that is to be honest.

If you simply need to let your folks know you are ok, the best thing is to go to the Indoor Market, go to Andy's Phone Shop and purchase a PrePaid Calling Card. You can purchase a card with something like sixty minutes worth of calls for around €5. It may even be a little more than that, I can't remember, but thewy are very good value. The card comes with very simple instructions and you simply follow these instructions to make a call from any of the public pay phones which are located all over the resort. I think you can even use these cards to make calls from your Hotel Room direct and not have to pay the Hotel charges. You are required to enter the card number and a pin number, but as I say the instructions that come with the card explain all of this.

Alternatively, you may find that there is a Computer offering Internet access in the Reception area of your accomodation, although you might find this expensive. You you pay something like €1 for ten minutes. There is an Internet Cafe in the basement of the Hotel Peublo Benidorm offering internet access at a rate of €1 for 30 minutes, which is quite reasonable but I understand it is possible to get internet access at a rate of €1 per hour, but I am not sure where you can do this from though, maybe other HT users can assist. I do believe its possible. There are Internet cafes all over the resort, so you should have no problems. As for WiFi, I really cannot help you on that. It MAY be possible, I just don't personally know.

Of course, you can make a telephone call from your Hotel Room, but check the charges out first. Most are very rreasonable, and its always advisable to go down to Reception and pay for your call as soon as you have finished. You can wait until you check out, but if you end up spending all your holiday money, then you may be faced with a telephone bill you cannot pay. If its just the one call you intend making, then it should not set you back too much, and you can make the call from the privacy of your room.

Public Telephone booths tend to get very busy in the evenings when the prices for making International Calls back to the UK or wherever are considerably cheaper than during the daytime.

Hope this helps
Parents that can operate a PC but not a mobile ?? :roll:
There are numerous places in Benidorm where you can access the Internet in order to send and receive emails, but it is not cheap. if you only intend to send the one message to let them know you are ok, then you are looking at a euro for approx. 10 minutes online time in most places. You can get 20 minutes for a euro in some places and it may even be possible to get 30 minutes for a euro, but those places are few and far between.

If you want to send regular updates throughout your holiday you would be far better off buying a prepaid telephone card for around six euros which will give you almost six hours of talk time. There are numerous public call boxes throughout the resort. You can even use a prepaid card to make calls from your hotel room in most places. Assuming of course your family have a landline at home.

I am not sure about wifi access. I would assume the technology is there but I doubt it will be widely available and would probably be very expensive.
There is cybercat cyber cafe in Benidorm where all the arcades are on the square heading towards the irish bars.

They have webcams and you can acess msn and yahoo messenger.

Price wise is something like 2 euros for an hour.
Hi does anyone have a web link for one of the cyber cafes in Benidorm? :D
when are spanish hotels going to come into the 21st century and provide wifi like most hotels in europe?
Hotel Melia already does.
when are spanish hotels going to come into the 21st century and provide wifi like most hotels in europe

It`s not the hotels that need to come into the 21st century...it is Telefonica.....who have a monopoly on Spains telecommunications, a scenario like British Telecom had over the UK not that long ago.and they either do not want competition or do not want to spent euros.
You want to try just getting a bog standard telephone line connected in Spain...you`d think they were connecting you to the moon with the wait and palava they create. :roll:

If you google wifi in Benidorm, the hotspots will be listed.
I have just read that Benidorm created its own wireless network.....pity it is only used for CCTV vigilance service at the moment. :wink:

The hotel Dynastic & Benidorm Plaza have wifi .
And without really searching.....cala de finestrat, alfraz, albir are already covered.

Seek and thou shalt find :wink:

Sanji x
Does any one know if there are any internet hotspots in Benidorm, so i can take my laptop

thanks
The whole of La Plaza de Sus Majestades los Reyes de Espana, which is the Town Hall Square inside Parque De L'Aiguera, is now a designated free to use WiFi zone.

David :wave
the wee internet and phone place right next door to the dalmatas is very cheap , as is the one next to the queen mary pub.

both are 75 cents for 30 minutes.
There is an internet cafe between the Pelicanos and Calypso hotels, 50c for 15 mins and they have phone booths too.

The Madeira Centro has wifi in the rooms which I think is free.

luci :wave
The Internet is very cheap in the phone place opposite the Rio Park,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.