Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
sanji
could you provide a link to one of your invaded posts please?
Hiya Fiona.
I noticed them late last night and thought my puter was doing a wobbly, I haven't even visited the imageshack site, so it isn't me that planted them there.

This is what I'm seeing as I write this message.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9968/untitledpj5.jpg

here's a link.....
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=93979&start=20
Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
that's strange! Looking at the link you provided I can't see anything wrong- the only emoticons in your posts are ours. I can obviously see what are you talking about in the shot of your post though. I'll highlight this for the rest of the team.
That's wierd, I can confirm everything is OK at my end and as it should be, including when I click on the link.

Looks like something for Mark to throw some light on.

Peter
The link that I provided and you say is appearing ok, well this is just a section of the page which shows the Imageshack icon planted in my post....there are others all over the site and in other people's posts .
I've even got one now planted in the window "View more Emoticons."

Please tell me I've not lost the plot :lol: :lol:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6554/imagefp2.jpg

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Thanks sanji.
( I note that you have now had to use imageshack to show us your imageshack problems- frustrating isn't it?)
  • Edited by Fiona 2007-03-11 11:50:49
Sanji

I would scan your computer for viruses and spyware as your posts all look fine to me although I can see what you mean from the screen shots.

luci :wave
Sanji
you help everyone with avatars- do you not use imageshack for that? It would to me appear to be a problem with that site rather than HT. Unless of course others are experiencing the same. Where ever the problem is though- it must be so annoying.
As all emoticons are hosted on the HT server, they should not show up an imageshack you are using too much bandwith message.

I suggest you do what Luci has suggested.

Mark :D
I'm not experiencing any problems this end, and the only emoticons that I see are clearly HT emoticons in Sanji's posts. I see no links or pop ups or otherwise that appear to be from Imageshack.
Hi Fiona.
I do use imageshack to help people with their avatars, but I haven't used imageshack for a few days.

I've just been on another forum (spanish) that I'm a member of and there are no problems.
I'm wondering if it is because I allowed "pop-ups" for HT when I was accessing the chat room.? but surely this problem would have appeared before last night.
My computer is (as far as I know) fully updated and protected with the new Tesco's antivirus/antispyware.

Looks like one for the son. :cry:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Its a strange one :? As for it possibly being chatroom related- we'll have to wait and see if other members have experienced similar problems.
In the meantime, follow Lucis suggestions- you may be surprised as to what you uncover.
Thanks ...will do...or rather the son will do :lol:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Just to make it clear, we at HT don't use any popups other than the popup you get when a new PM arrives (if so selected in your profile) or use the IM/Avatar/Colour/Sound etc. facility in the chatroom.

Links that are clicked in a message or to access the chatroom merely open a new instance or tab of/in your browser - that is different to a popup which is mostly associated with adverts.

MarkJ HT Mod
I hope you're all proud of me. :lol: :rofl ..considering I know nothing about computers and I leave all the technical stuff to the oldest lad.

I've just run the Tesco programme and yeh the icons have gone. :tup
The programme does recommend that you run a full scan atleast once a week, but as my lad is ill at the moment and has not been around, then ...... :roll:
I was only singing the praises of this software yesterday, looking at the number of threats/attacks it has stopped.
Now having done it once...I have no excuse not to run the scan every week....looks like 1 got through :cry:

Thanks everyone for your replies. :kiss

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1852/untitled1nw8.jpg

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Well done and congratulations.

Peter
Great stuff! It's always worth running a virus/spyware scan. My AV runs a scan every day and Spyware Blaster is supposed to stop them being installed in the first place if you keep it up to date.

luci :wave
Good! You surprise me Sanji- I thought you were quite in the know re computers( unlike me who knows almost zilch)
Good! You surprise me Sanji- I thought you were quite in the know re computers( unlike me who knows almost zilch)

I know nothing about computers Fiona, I wouldn't be here if not for the oldest lad.....
Everything, and I mean everything is left to him.
I can mess about with images:re avatars and I got him to show me how to make videos by making him go slowly and letting me write the steps down...now that is second nature although I have crashed the system many times when I first started tinkering, but anything else is way above my head....it's just a load of mumbo jumbo to me. :oops:
I don't go into the system or download any programmes and I was quite nervous at running the antivirus/antispyware programme :oops:
I only know the difference between a gigabyte (spel?) and a dog bite. :rofl
Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.