Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Colleen, we are all glad you are back safe, and of course you must be in shock, so don't feel rushed in writing your reports. You are your o/h were very brave.
xx
Phew Colleen ....... it gave me goosebumps reading how close you were to the bombings. Somebody indeed is looking after you !!!!! Looking 4ward to your report .........
Just glad you guys were safe.......take care and look forward to reading your reports when you are up to writing them x
glad your back, look forward to reading your reports

adele :)
I'm delighted you and OH are both well, look forward to reading your report.Gel
sorry to hear you have been sick IC... it was a close call and I expect your mum is right, take care
Chilly ;)
ic
glad you are ok now just relax till you feel ok too,
regards dragon07
Hey glad your back al safe and well! :tup

Look forward to reading all about your hols later. ;)
as we had been looking at the same Mumbai hotel you were staying at, I knew you were staying across from the train station and was so relieved when we heard you were safe. I would think that you must still be in shock. As you went on to Goa you probably did not have thinking time till you got home and Ill bet that was when realisation really struck.
Good to hear from you again, not surprised you were in shock after those close calls. You and John take care and Happy New Year to you both
Liz
xx
Good to know you are both home safe, best wishes for 2009 :)
ann
Looking forward to reading your report (when you feel better), but so glad that you both returned home safely. Take care. Fizz
Hi Irishcolleen

Great to have you back with us safe and sound :cheers , looking forward to reading your report.

Hope you're feeling better now.

Donna
XX
IC, it must have been an awful experience for you and your OH. Glad you're home safely. I'm sure your report will be interesting reading.
Take care. I hope you're soon on the mend and all the very best for 2009.
Gail
Thank you for all your kind words and well wishes I am not feeling too bad now thanks ..

We went to Goa on the 21st of Nov and left Goa for Mumbai on the 23rd of Nov... Irishman who is the love of my life and my hubby for those of you who don't know that had arranged the mumbai trip before we went to Goa on the internet so we knew what we were doing and as you do had a list of things to do as we set off on a trip to Mumbai a trip that we will never ever forget
went with kingfisher airways and have to say they were really great ..at check in the staff made sure my husband who is tall got the bigger seats over the wings and done everything they could to make sure we had a lovely flight ...we got a meal on the flight even tho it was only one hour they also gave us a bottle of juice two bottles of water a free head set for the TV and a lovely kingfisher pen yes I have to say kingfisher were very very good ....

When we got our cases back we went looking for the pre paid taxi place as we had read here on the forum this was the best thing to do ...a nice gentleman took us to our taxi before we got in we asked him the price and he told us it would be 1200 rupees we just laughed at him so the price come down to 800 rupees so we were happy ...well at the time we were because going back to the airport it was only 400 rupees the :swear ripped us off :rofl ....

Got to our hotel THE RESIDENCY HOTEL it was very nice well lit up and had lovely plants all over the place the staff were fab and gave us 3 sets of keys and said have a look at the rooms and tell us what one you like the very first room we went to was fine so we told the room boy this is good and he said mam are you sure please look at the others but we said no this is fine ...the room had a big wide screen TV a safe tea and coffee mini fridge a well stocked bathroom everything we would have wanted was there
http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1002084av2.jpg
That night we went to a restaurant called MAHESH http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1002120rf1.jpg

we had read about it on the forum and it was on our list of things to do the staff were so nice they could not do enough for us after dinner we just went for a walk not very far up and down a few little streets with sellers selling everything you could think off..there was so much noise people shouting horns bumping people laughing carts getting pushed along the roads there was traffic... dogs barking the sounds were amazing it was everything I thought it was going to be ..we laughed all the way back to hotel and said to each other only in India
When we got back to the hotel we made tea had a few drinks and went to bed it had been an awful long day ...and the best has yet to come
Okay I am already hooked waiting here with baited breath for the next bit ;)
Hi Colleen. Haven't been on here for a while. Glad to know you're both back safe & sound, & you're feeling better.We've said many prayers for people on here in the past. It looks like there was many said for you this time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.