Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
The hurricane season is generally regarded as August through October.

April is a perfect time to go, as is Feb or March.
The only thing I would be careful of is that Spring Break for US College students runs from beginning of March to first week in April- I would not book the first week of April unless you want to be on a cruise with lots of rowdy 18-25 yr old drinkers at a week long party.... it might be fun, but may not be what you paid for...
April otherwise is usually lovely anywhere in the Caribbean. The weather is always tropical, in that if it gets humid it's not unusual at the end of the day to have brief heavy rainstorms, but they don't last long and they cool things down..
April is fab weatherwise. If you are a teacher (as I am)and have to go at Easter then just pick your ship carefully. We went with RCI a few years ago and there were over a 1000 kids on board. :yikes That said there was so much for them to do, it wasn't too bad. :) There is an adults only area which is much quieter. :sun2 I have been told Carnival ships are for party animals. P&O have left Caribbean by Easter which only leaves Thomson if you want a less American experience - I like Thomson but many don't (ships are too old and tatty). Next year, Easter on Destiny is child free so that should be a bit quieter!
Yes the H/Season is stated at being from June to October but there is very little chance of this in June.
April is fine. I leave on the 21st May for a 14 night in the Caribbean back on the 6th June. I was booked on a T/A with Celebrity should have left last Saturday.
I am delighted with my new choice a 7 nt BTB On the Solstice. She is a beautiful ship having already sailed on her in October last year in the MED.
We were 2 travelling but another friend is now joining us>
Just go for it. All will be well

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.