Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Shirley. Cyprus is a country in its own right. Every so often it's or the Greek government make a political point of achieving "Enosis" or "Union", but it is definitely NOT part of the modern Greek state.
Thanks Elenitsa. I thought I was right.
We visit the Meditarean Greek Islands mostly but have done others tried Cyprus on two occasions mostly winter breaks but have loved it both times it's is a difference some places in Cyprus have the Turkish influence and there is a slight differnce in the language but we found both visits we've made very enjoyable and people just as friendly, we speak a little Greek like using manners thank you excust me asking for an ash tray or serviettes don't get me wrong after visiting Greece for many years years know way are we proficient, but found in Cyprus was not neccesary as the all seemed to speak English so well as many Cypriots where married to English parters it was a lovely Island
Cyprus is most definately NOT a Greek Island in that sense of the word it is self governing although from the point of view of language, the Orthadox religion, cuisine etc i suppose in a way it is. :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.