Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Helen

You should find that Orange is Ok - Orange has a Dominican subsidiary and is a wide coverage network in the DR. Although the DR has long been proud of its relatively advanced media and telecoms networks, compared withsome other Latin American countries - it still has its share of ups and downs in terms of consistency of mobile services. Perhaps it the regularly thunderous weather? :que

But you should be OK once over there - if you do need to make a call to, or text the UK. (unless DR systems are having a wobbly!)

Hope this helps.
thanks for that 2bizzy. Fingers crossed then.
Helen,

As long as your mobile phones are tri or quad band you will not have any trouble in the DR.

As 2bizzy has already stated the DR has Dominican Orange with a wide coverage, my hubby is on Orange and his worked perfectly, also I am on 02 and mine just came up with a message 'Welcome to Dominican Orange' also worked perfect, no problems at all.

Have a great time, which I am sure you will, wish it was me going back.

Angie. :cheers
"With neither hubby or my phone working in Mexico, just looking for reassurance that at least one will be working in the Dom Rep. It's only for emergencies, but aftre having to use a phone for emergencies a couple of year ago & finding it not working its a bit of a worry"

I assume that your phone/s are not tri/quad band hence why they wouldnt work in Mexico, if that is the case then of course they will not work in DR.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.