Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi if your hubby likes snorkelling am sure he will like sharm one the best place for it, as for a hotel they are many hotels i been 11 times and stay near to namma bay so i have a choice if i want to walk into namma bay sonesta beach very nice hotel but thats AI on the beach also Jollie Ville Movenpick Hotel is located directly on the beach of Naama Bay this hotel b&b
Snorkelling is very good and easily accessible at the Coral Sea Imperial (ex Conrad). The Baron Palms resort shares the same bay and the jetty is as accessible.
The only other hotel I have been to was the LTI Grand Axure now the Tropicana, but although the snorkelling was good, accessibility was a nightmare. The jetty was 800m long and still left you short of the coral face by 50m which involved climbing over submerged rocks in knee deep water.
Hi :wave:
I have only stayed at the Conrad, now renamed the Coral Sea Imperial, and the snorkelling from this hotel is excellent.
The pontoon which goes over the reef isnt very long and the hotel is situated right on the beach.
As for "something to do" in the evenings-well Naama Bay is full of restaurants and they have a good Hard Rock Cafe, but the drinks are very expensive.Sharm isnt really about things to do in the evenings i didnt think as the sea based activities are really the thing people go for :sun2
I do believe the Iberotel in Dahabeya also has excellent facilities for diving and snorkelling, but their is also the town of Dahab nearby which has some "life" in it, i know people that have been there and return time and time again :D
Phyll
Another vote for the Coral Sea Imperial (ex-Conrad) from me ;)
I dont know whether your husband would be interested in Diving, but next to the sonesta beach resort where i have been 7 times has the Oonas Bar and on top where you can relax on the sofas on the floor with a bar. Shisha water pipes are available as well and only a quid. The Oonas has a all speaking dive instructor that is English.
For nightlife you can walk into Naama bay, takes around 30 mins passing restaurants on the beach and one hotel down the prom has a english pub around the back, not sure if if this is the hilton?
In Naama Bay there are several night clubs but charge about £20 pp to get in with the first drink free. Also as someone has said Hard rock comes alive after 11 oclock with music and dancing, the reps can take you on a pub/bar crawl and to all the hot spots as well.
I vote for ex-conrad too. Jump off the Pontoon, and float to the Baron Pontoon. Coral and fish are fantastic

We have stayed in Sunrise Island View, the pontoon was ok, however the coral not so good.
The Coral at the Crowne Plaza hotel was great. No beach though, straight into the sea off of the jetty. Brilliant, think its called the far garden reef.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.