Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We were there last month, Michelle, and numbers were up by about 15%-20% on the same time last year, mainly down to more Eastern European, and Arabic speaking visitors. Seemed to be about the same number of Brits.
We were told our hotel (Delta Sharm) was at 90% capacity, but that was in the 2 weeks prior to Ramadan - just before we left, the Arabic speakers all disappeared, and a shedload of Brits arrived! Not sure about other hotels, obviously...
Its si good to hear that report doonhammer, sounds like tourist numbers are slowly creeping back up now. I

It wasn't too bad in our hotel in the Sharks Bay area last Autumn, but we went into Namma Bay at quite a few nights and along the sea front there was restaurant after restaurant with empty seats everywhere. :( There have always been too many restaurants for the amount of visitors but it was eerily quite. We walked from end to end each time to try and get a feel for what was going on and felt bad that we couldn't eat in all of the places.

:sun2
We were the same Doe, normally in November when we go it has been heaving in NB, but last year is the first time in 10 times we had been we felt overly chilly with lack of people. Our friend that works at the pomodero/Camel bar wouldnt bring out the heaters, which the year before last they did. I think they wanted to leave it as long as possible as they cost money. They were busy as i said, but like you Doe, the rest of the place was empty.

So ... As DH says in the summer months are slightly increasing. Lets hope by winter it increases more :cheers
Don't know if it is anything to go by Michelle but when we went to El Gouna in April it did seem to be a bit busier, but there are no where near the same amount of restaurants that there are in Naama Bay, so that might be a bit misleading. I kind of hope that it has steadily picked up as the months have gone by.

The end of the prom down by Oonas and the Sonesta was like a ghost town last October, it was a bit busier by the Viva Beach but even then only four tables were taken including us. A few Egyptians came along about 11pm and sat at the front and ordered a few shishas but they weren't eating or drinking so not much cash was changing hands.

:sun2
Well i will report when we go, we tend at night to hang out at the Hilton sat in the garden seats watching the world go by with a good shisha, or the pirates bar. It was really quiet. As i say i will report back when we go again. It is nice though to have better personal service, but on the other hand, not nice being dead. November is an excellent time to go, that said though the beaches are always packed, so where was everyone at night time?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.