Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi clive and helen
we`ve been going to goa for the past few years,and always stay at the md we love it there,have just booked for next year but the price had gone up by a large amount,we jumped in and booked with thomson who we always travel with,but have spoken to friends and both travel pack and jewel in the crown do it for a much more resonable price.leila`s is one of my favourites also.i thought it was much quieter this year,but a lot of what you mentioned is still the same,i hope you get sonething sorted
i booked last year and got a good price which was £200+ cheaper than some were doing but if i booked last week it would have been another £150 cheaper than what i payed but due to work commitments and other things i had to book early so i'm happy with what i payed
I'm not sure anyone is going to get a better deal leaving it to the last minute this time. Prices seem to be fluctuating up and down, I was quoted over £1000 each for a Monarch flight for 3 weeks which is totally outside my budget.
Certainly if you can find a reasonable cost flight only there is plenty of nice accommodation available at very reasonable prices.
You are going to see changes but Goa is still the Goa you know and love. Hope you can find a good deal, have a great holiday :sun2
Hi Clive and Helen - There are some great deals right now and we got some cheap flights last November but since then, the number of flights from Manchester has been reduced. There were very few really cheap last minute deals in January / Feb.
Personally, I'd wait till nearer the time to see how things are looking - November isn't peak season and with things as they are, who knows how many people will be travelling abroad?

You could try scheduled but it's a lot of changing and messing about if you're only on a two week holiday.

You'll find Baga has changed a lot in five years. More shops, shacks and aimed more at a younger market. Lila's still there and just as good.
Thanx you good people. Think we have chosen Lui Beach Resort in Candolim but we will be visiting Leilas on a regular basis!! :tup Most prob we will be flying out 6th Nov from Manc on a Monarch flight HAPPY MEMORIES ......... NOT. Think we have got time to have six inches amputated off our legs so we can get comfy :) Is it the same process re Visas as used to be the case, ie get them well in advance from Indian High Commission?
Can't believe how excited I am,only Goa can make me feel like this :sun2 mmmmmmmmm well nearly only LOL. Please feel free to feed any kind of info that you may consider appropriate, we love Indian food, Honey Bee,Kingfisher, travelling on Indian buses and in Tut tuts,good company and chilling. Any thoughts on trips much welcomed.
Will be browsing the site most days between now and Nov.

:wave: :wave:
cliveandhelen check out the extensive visa thread theres been a lot of changes but masses of help on there!!! Good luck!!
chilly :) http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=109916&start=0
Thanx Chilly, pleased to see that India is as accomodating and welcoming as ever they were :rofl Will no doubt get to understand it b4 Sep-Oct.

Helen and Clive xxx
Clive and Helen , you will be pleased to know the Lila Cafe hasn't changed a bit , the croissants are still yummy :tup
Shirley, that alone is worth the trip out,OH and a jug of Lassi. XXX :tongue
Booked 14 nights Nov 9th from Manch staying at Lui Beach for total price of £1199.72p :cheers :cheers :cheers
So HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
sorry to sound a bit thick :( but whats a honey bee :que
It's an Indian Brandy that many of us have developed an unhealthy appetite for!
110 rupees a bottle! :tup

So OK it's not Martell.....but neither is the price! :rofl
wow brandy my favourite especially with a coffee or 3. 1st thing in the morning :tongue
Friends who came to Goa with us in 1998,had a small honey bee every morning with breakfast and they swore that was the reason they did not get gippy tummies!!! :) Seems reasonable to me,well i do try and carry on what they started :cheers Paula
Talking of gippy tummies , anybody heard that sugar cane juice helps ward this off ?? I love sugar cane juice :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.