Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Its an RnR Island :sun2

We usually hire a car for the week, and have a day down at Moro Jable, a day up at Corralejo, a day on the beach and in the waves there, and a whizz round the interior with its scary bends and narrow roads. We stay at Caleta as its central, and like you its our week of winter sun.......and this time next week its where I will be :cheers
Have a great time -

Am not too bothered about the RandR but dont do it very well! We usually hit the snow and dont rest much and in the Summer holidays we do a mix of resting and site seeing ...........

I suppose this will make me relax more !!!! No option --- dont suppose they do husky dogs and snow there in February :rofl

:tup
If you are not int R & R you may have picked the wrong place :( The F.P. is one of our favourite hotels (We just got back from there a week ago :sun2 ) but it is some distance from the centre of the resort area of Jandia. Looks like you will need to hire a car if you are into activities you could try kite surfing at this place which is about 10 miles to the North:
http://www.rene-egli.com/2008/html/index.php
You could also check out my website below for further info on the Island and area.
Many many thanks for that. To be honest the endorced R&R is probably exactly what I need to have to do! I love the sea and beaches so just walking by the sea will be fab! If it is a nice relaxing place then I'll just have to join in ---- hubby will be in his element!

Is the hotel nice --- looks like it. Any tips would be welcome ------- are the facilities on the beach free or are they privately owned?

Must admit just reading that you love the hotel is helping to put my mind at rest!

Are there any organised trips at all --- perhaps just 1 or s trips out will keep me 'quiet'

:cheers
Hi Presto (makes me sound like a magician)
Re your questions
The facilities on the beach are not owned by the hotel. We don't tend to use sun beds prefer to lie on the sand a good tip if you like the beach is to get one of those beach tents it then doubles a sa wind break or sun shade.
The beach bars to the front of the hotel and 2 to the North are well worth a visit. If you like walking you can walk for miles along the beach either into Jandia or North as far as Costa Calma you will encounter many naturists on route.There is also a naturist section in the hotel with its own pool its adjacent to where you get the beach towels from.
Tip for the hotel we prefer to eat alfresco in particular the late breakfast from 9am at the restaurant overlooking the beach however if you want a table overlooking the beach you need to get there about 8.30as the Germans will be out in force reserving the best seats. There are also balconies in the main restaurant and its nice to sit out for an evening meal if the weather is warm.
There are trips I can recommend the Magic Cat (catamaran)if the weather is nice.There are other things such as jeep safaris I would avoid the Lanzarote trip not because it isn't worth going on its just such a lot of travelling just to get to and from the ferry.Check out the German tour books in the foyer they tendto havebetter excursions. Hiring a car for a couple of days is probably the best bet for sight seeing.
Thanks, that's fab information. Like the Hi Presto -- made me laugh (and after the day I've had I needed it!!) :tup

Hubby is not too hot on driving abroad -- he has driven in the USA and is more than happy in Cyprus. He took one look at the roads in Italy though and point blank refused! What is driving like out there ? Be honest !

To be honest just to do a few trips out to break the week up would be great - the catamaran suits me fine and we love jeep safaris!

We really liked the idea of the late breakfast by the sea -- isn't it open until about 11 ish ? Don't do early mornings on holiday and getting up before 8am is against my religion of holiday! Do late nights and nice lie ins ---- Does this mean that we wont stand a chance re a nice table at the late beach bar for breakfast? If so , ho hum ------ I'll live! :)

Is there any entertainment in the hotel? Not bothered really what it is like -- sometimes the worse it is the funnier it is! We are very easy to please generally and pretty laid back ! Life (and holidays) are too short to moan through them! (Having said that, if there is anything resembling a larger louts outing please shoot me now!) :yikes

Many, many thanks for your help - it is really nice to 'chat' to someone who has been and likes the place! :cheers
Hi again Presto
Don't know if you have seen this it gives plenty of info:

http://www.princess-hotels.com/Hotels-Fuerteventura-hotel-Fuerteventura-Princess-4-stars.htm

As regards to driving its Mrs nickmacuk who does that. She has never had any problems in Ferte the roads are good and not crowded I understand the Police do regular speed and drink checks but thats for our benefit. The roads on the East side of the Island are flat and on the West they cling to the Mountain sides but well worth it for the views If You are thinkking of hiring a car I would recommend you get Noel Rockford's "Sunflower Guide of Fuerteventura" its about a tenner but contains maps and guides for car touring and for walks on the Island.
We didnt bother with the entertainment on our last visit, tended to be in bed at around 11 ish its all the fresh air knocks me out. Usually ended up in the Coco Loco bar in the middle of the main pool for last orders. There is entertainment in the main complex usually a tribute type band and a disco. You are more likely to find Saga Louts than Lager Louts :D The animation team are around during the day for aerobics,archery, shooting etc but dont pester you.
Regarding drinks and snacks at the hotel you can either pay cash or charge them to your room and pay by card when you leave.
Hope you enjoy your stay Ferte is one of those places you will either love or hate there doesn't seem to be an in between hope its the former for you :sun2
Hi

Re the entertainment --- suits us fine ------ a cocktail before bed time and nothing too 18 - 30 suits us mid 40s folk! :cheers

Re the Saga crowd --- we're not there yet but much prefer that to the 'booze up britain crowd' Now that WOULD be my idea of a holiday hell!

Any safe suggestions for a car hire??

Us prestos

:wave:
Car hire we have used Moreno in the past, they have a desk in the hotel reception area. We have usually opted for a 4 x 4 jeep type beter to get to some of the more remote parts which are down tracksi but they didnt have any this time so we didnt bother.
Thank you ---- am off to dream of the sun now!

:tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.