Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
when we flew home on Sunday from Arricife there was a Ryanair plane there.

Sure I heard they started to fly there a few weeks/months back. Not sure which airports though. :)
The Ryanair winter flights aren't released yet, just keep checking.
We're flying to Lanzarote with Ryanair in 2 weeks time, we're flying from Luton but I know they also fly from Stansted and (I think) Brum too.

As for weather in Jan, we went at the beginning of Jan 2009 and the weather wasn't too bad. We got a tan but usually had to find a sheltered spot as the wind could sometimes be a bit chilly. We didn't venture into the sea and I mainly wore a strappy top and shorts although the bikini came out mid afternoon some days, long skirt and light cardi was needed in the evening. It usually started cloudy in the morning and got sunny by lunchtime and we had a few showers but these were in the evenings.
Thanks for the replies.....I've since found out that the Winter flights will be released approx May/June time :tup

Thanks for the weather info Janette, it sounds very similar to what we encountered in March on 2 occasions over the years.

What was the nightlife like ? Many people around ? Or quiet ? And was everything open ?
Hi Miss Chief

We stayed in Matagorda and only went into PDC once but it seemed really really quiet - it was right in the middle of the recession and the exchange rate was £1 = 1EURO at the time so that might partly explain it.
Regards Ryanair Routes to Lanzarote, the following is operating at present

Birmingham Mon/Fri
Bournemouth Wed
Bristol Wed/Fri
Brussels (CRL) Tues/Thurs/Sun
Dublin 5 weekly for the summer, expected to be three weekly during the winter.
Edinburgh Mon/Fri
East Midlands Tues/Fri
Girona Wed/Sun
Hahn Tues/Sat
Liverpool Tues/Sat
Luton Thurs/Sun
Madrid, daily execpt Tuesday
Niederrhein Wed/Sat
Prestwick Mon/Thurs
Stansted Tues/Thurs/Sat

This not much, if any change to the above for the winter timetable

Cork every Sat until the end of August

Barcelona is due to start in November

Hope this helps

Keith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.