Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Contact the tour operator you booked with and find out from them. I booked what i thought was an iberostar hotel last year and when I got there i found out it wasnt anymore, to be honest the hotel was no longer up to the standard of the iberostar group.
Check it out before you go, I would hate you to suffer the disappointment we had

Biff
UPDATE

Have found out the hotel has been taken over by a hotel group called
TRH.

Have found their web sit, but to be quite honest it isnt too helpful - not much info and it dosnt even mention that they have taken over any hotels.

Has anyone any experience of this hotel group?

Any info please

Carmel :wave
Never heard of the TRH hotel chain. :?: I am travelling to the Jardin del Mar in July and also booked through Winter Sunshine Holidays. I emailed them yesterday to ask what the situation is regarding the new ownership but as yet am still waiting for a reply. One of the main reasons I booked this hotel was due to the Barcelo reputation.

Any info gratefully received.
Have spoken direct to the hotel and they confirm all will remain the same - you can email the hotel direct their address is recep.jardin@trhhoteles.com

TRH is a Spanish chain and they have taken over another 2 Barcelo hotels in Palma Nova.

This is a link to their web site - but there is no info yet on their new purchases http://www.trhhoteles.com

I have also spoken to the owner of a bar across from the hotel and he knows all the reps etc - he has done some investigations and he says that the hotel is open now and that Thomson & First Choice are using the hotel this summer so it looks like it will be ok.

We were there in October so I wouldnt imagine that much will have changed over the winter - we are there in June so fingers cross that all is the same.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for doing an excellant investigation into the situation with this property. I think we can rest easy now. Look forward to hearing how you get on in June.
I was thinking of booking the Jardin Del Mar apartments and wondered if anyone had been this year and what they thought of them. Also I am going with my children and wondered what children activities did they have?
Hi Carol

The Jardin del Mar is no longer owned by the Barcelo group it has now been taken over by a group called TRH.

I have stayed there twice whilst it was owned by Barcelo and I am going back on 1st June this year.

I have spoken to the receptionist there who confirms that all the facilites have remained the same.

I dont know what age your children are but the facilities they have are: Childrens pool, outdoor football/volleyball pitch, outdoor playground with wendy houses swings, slides, see-saw, 2 outdoor pool tables they have childrens disco every night (but we never went as there is too much going on outside the hotel in The Square and down in the town. During the day they have a few games & competitions - nothing spectacular.

Accommodation in the hotel was great - you couldnt fault the place - great location and spotlessly clean. Our apartment was fine - small kitchen area with loads of cupboards, fridge, sink & 2 cooking rings. Very large bathroom with shower over the bath (loads of hot water at all times). There was a little cloakroom that you could store suitcases, rubber rings, lilos etc and there was also a safety deposit box in there. In the lounge there was a dining area with table & 4 chairs and serving hatch through to kitchen, setee which converted to single bed - sideboard with tv, coffee table and sliding door onto balcony - 2 chairs and small table. Twin bedroom with bedside cabinets and large mirrored wardrobe with built in shelves and loads of hanging space. The room was great for 3 of us but would have been squashed for 4 - saying that some of the rooms were bigger than ours so I would suspect you would be allocated one of the larger rooms with there being 4 of you. Just a note it is worth paying extra for a room with frontal sea view.

Anything else you need to know send me a pm

Stayed here last year. Couldn't fault it. Great location and nice rooms.

Only moan was the crazy battle for sunbeds every morning.

Believe it or not guests were queuing up at 7-30am waiting for the pool side door to be unlocked at 8am so they could hog the beds by the very cramped and poorly designed pool side.

Equally annoying was that most went back to their rooms and didn't even bother sitting by the pool until midday, denying other guests the chance to use them. :bhead

It is really quite sad how some people are. :roll:

Anyway, this has not put me off and I am off there again in July - so it must have been good!!!

Going to set my alarm clock for 7am every morning to ensure I get first shout on the sun beds :wink: LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cahill

We used to sit on our balcony each morning watching the mad dash for sun beds. We just used to go down when we were ready - and usually ended up in the shade of a palm tree :evil: :evil:

So we decided if you cant beat 'em, join 'em - so I sent my husband down really early one morning to bag the beds right by the fence overlooking the sea. He went out the door by the indoor pool, started to walk over the sunbeds only to be chased by the pool cleaner and given a real telling off (in Spanish) and this guy would not let him put the towels down. So my husband had to return to the room in defeat. We watched while he finished cleaning and then ran down again - this time to succeed.

I dont mind people reserving beds and then using them - but like you think its out of order to reserve them and then not use them until the afternoon. If there's no beds available when I am there this June I might be brave and move towels on beds not being used.

Only 4 weeks to go :pele

Well just got back from Jardin Del Mar once more. Thought that the sunbed sprint would have ceased by now but it was as worse as ever.

At 8am it was like a 100m sprint with everyone trying to out run each other to the best sun beds. By 8-05am every bed was gone almost every day.

The hotel has changed hands - now owned by TRH. The same old faces seem to work there still (when it was owned by Barcelo that is) but they seem to have adopted a stropy bad attitude.

The female English receptionist who speaks fluent Spanish is one horrible nasty person. Nearly every comment out of her mouth is sarcastic and snappy and how she gets away without being thumped by someone I do not know. :evil:

Definitely gone down hill since TRH have taken over.

The food for the half board option was total pig swill and with the exception of 1 day every meal was tasteless, cold and of very poor quality.

The swimming pool tiled floor was a total joke with large amounts of tiles missing leaving a very sharp gravel type surface.

Also all over pool floor (including the kids pool) there are very sharp razor like tiles that in our short time there caused many other holiday makers deep cuts and gashes.

One holidaymaker broke 2 of his toes when he got his toes caught in a gap between 2 tiles as he was swimming.

Apparently the hotel manager was totally ignorant to the injured man and tried to fob him off saying that there had not been an accident in the pool for years due to the poor tiling. (he obviously hoped that the injured man would not find out that over the previous 3 days 2 people had suffered nasty cuts to their feet).

If you want a safe pleasant relaxing holiday it seems the Jardin Del Mar has lost a huge amount of its previous appeal for me.

Had a peak at the Punta Del Mar and Jardin Del Playa, both in the immediate area of the square look very good alternatives.

My advice would be to avoid the TRH Jardin Del Mar - but if you have already booked don't let me put you off!!!! :?
Just returned from Jardin Del Mar today, we had an excellent holiday and thought the apartments were great, the sunbed sprint is great to watch (though it is annoying when people reserve sunbeds and don't turn up until mid afternoon).

The only complaint that we have is that the Kids pool is too small and thus gets very crowded, (the main pool is too deep for young children).

There was a section of the main pool which had the tiles missing, however this was in the middle of the deepest part of pool (peter crouch couldn't even touch the bottom), we didn't see or hear of anyone injuring themselves.

The apartments are in a great location for familes, close to "the square", the mini club was good for kids, the hotel entertainment was poor, however with "the square" so close bothered with the hotel bar on a night.

I would definitley go back to these apartments again.

PS . A good guide for anyone going to Santa Ponsa is Santa Ponsa Scene which is available free in many of the bars, it is also availabe online http://www.santaponsascene.com
Click Here to add or read our reviews of this accommodation.
me hubby and friends are going here in santa ponsa in 2 weeks for two nights hope we get nice weather, has anyone had half board and know the times off eating and if the food is ok or any information on the apartments we have requested a sea view.
Hi, does anyone know what time rooms are ready for check-in at Jardin del Mar, as I will be arriving here at about 11 am at the end of June. Thanks :)
Hi Everyone

I am travelling in August staying at the Jardin Del Mar Hotel near the square, I arrive at 9.30pm santa ponsa time just wondering do anyone know the transfer time from the airport to santa ponsa? and are they any 24 hr shop near the hotel where I can pick up some food as we are self catering? also my flight home is not untill 10pm at night has anyone stayed at this hotel had facilities for somewhere to leave their luggage?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.