Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I am also interested in knwoing the age for the waterslides. Don't want to book unless my daughter who will be 7 on holiday can use them. She will be gutted after the fab waterslides at the Titanic Hurghada.

If anyone knows anything please let me know as I need to book something ASAP.

Thanks
Hi all we are going to the Mirabel at the beginning of August for 2 weeks fun and chill. 8) Anyone been that can pass on some advice? What to wear, trips to go on etc.
Looks a great hotel, but never been to the middle east before.
Hello! If you do a search on here, you will find that there is a thread on the Mirabel (started by myself :lol: ) on here - hope you find it useful. It may be under 'Sol y Mar Mirabel Beach' though, as that was the previous name of it. There are also many reviews on Tripadvisor. We are going to this hotel at the end of July (can't wait, looks fab!) and we chose it because my sister went and absolutely loved it.
Happy holidays! 8)
:thanks think I've seen your post on Trip advisor. Have seen the threads on here and on there too. It gets some mixed reviews. I guess 5* can vary country to county and different people have different opinions of service. Stayed in Jamaica last year at the Riu Negril, beautiful hotel, but the service was hopeless no clear tables in dining room. Tip or die of thirst at the bars. We still had a great chilled laid-back time though. I think as long as it's safe, clean, and the people are ok you can make a go of it. Hope you have a great time and keep us all posted.
Hi! I haven't posted as yet on tripadvisor as it is my first time going to the mirabel. I thought that the reviews on there were positive in the main. There is also a new review (thankfully glowing!) on there for the mirabel, which was posted just a few days back by someone called blossom. S/he says that the glass bottomed boat trip is really good.
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering whether there is a dress code for men at the Mirabel Beach for evening meal? Do we have to wear long trousers? Also is there anywhere near by where I can watch Premiership football or will it be a trip in to Naama Bay? If so, what is a reasonable return taxi fare?

Thank you.

Nika
Hi Nika! I'm off to the Mirabel Beach in July - can't wait! I definitely read somewhere (although have momentarily forgotten where) that men have to wear long trousers at evening meals. Fair enough for a 5* hotel, I think. I'm just gonna buy my husband some lightweight linen type trousers (not very expensive ones, as he'll never wear them again!) for that purpose. Now the football I definitely can't help you with, but I'm sure someone else can! Happy hols!
iam also going in july,i have been trying to find out about long trousers etc
thanks for that
Thanks Lardylegs.

Have a great time. We're going on the 16th August and can't wait.

Let us know what your holiday's like when you get back.

Nika
will do nika, although my sister and her boyfriend have been and absolutely adored the place so I feel reasonably reassured already! Please feel free to pm me on here upon my arrival (9th August) with any questions you may have, just in case I forget!
never been to mirabel but was at the calimera last year which is next door..that`s a 5* and my hubby just wore 3/4 bottoms and nothing was said..i think it`ll be to hot for long trousers.. we are off to sunrise island view next month and have only got 3/4`s for hubby...

sharon
it is long trousers in the evening, we stayed in feb this year but did see a lot of 3 quarter length trousers.
you will all have a great time, the only down point was the beach you have to got out a distance to swim but you can use the jetty at the hotel next door.
Hi - has anyone recently been to this Platinum hotel? We are thinking of booking this hotel for our family of 4 adults and 2 teenage girls. This is our first time to Egypt and are a bit worried about the apparent airport chaos and Sharm trots!!! But thought this hotel looked OK. Any comments would be great - thanks - AnneF
My friend went in November and loved it.She said is was very quiet and not much going on at night.She said there were lots of Russians in the hotel.The hotel is the furthest away from Naama bay.As you have teenagers have you considered the new Holiday village?.I was there last month and it was fabulous,with lots going on for all ages.There was no one there when I was that I heard was ill.The management are very experienced and the hygeine is second to none.The flight arrived from Gatwick at a quiet time at the airport.It was also quiet on departure.The new terminal used by scheduled flights have eased the chaos considerably .I paid the same for 2 weeks what she paid for one.Look at the reviews of the Mirabelle and the HV on here and Holiday truths to get an idea of what they are both like.I chose the HV over other hotels because of the activities and entertainment and also because the majority of guests are British.Sharm is very very popular with Russians and you dont want to end up in a hotel where they are in the majority!.
was there last summer very nice not alot of brits it got a small water park 4 flumes ,its very clean food ok,beach nice but you cant swim in the sea as its very shallow , the reef is about 1/2 mile out via the jetty next door .
we went last spring and enjoyed it the only thing that let it down was the beach we would walk through the hotel next door and along past a hotel that was being built and you came to an inlet that was deep with a good selection of fish to see.the hotel runs a bus in to namma just book at the reception. The guests are made up of russians and italians but not a lot of brits.
Thomson rip you off with the price of trips so book in namma just shop around lots on offer.
we would go back to the mirabel beach
rona
p.s no upset tummies while here just make sure to take anti bac hand wash more so with the money that you handle it's filthy
Just came back this week
This is a very nice hotel, but i would not say Platinum: Very clean, Food indifferant, Make sure that if you do go to this hotel that you get a room on the left hand side looking from reception to the beach as this hotel can be very windy and the rooms on the right hand facing in towards the pool side do not get any sun.Plenty of sun beds. Make sure also if you want to eat warm food arrive at the restaraunts as they open if not you will find that our Russian frieds have taken everything.It is very nice not to have to pay extra for things like room safes and pool towels if we had known how good the towels where we would not have taken any with us.The family rooms are excellent. If you want excellent service we found to tip small and often .Downside:IT must be 4.5Miles out of the main area & if you want some life it may be better to find another hotel nearer to sharm.As for the sharrm trots not a problem but take plenty of hand gel as the money is filthy.Sharm airport is a rip of and we found that it was cheaper to shop outside.
Hi everyone, has anyone stayed at the Jaz Mirabel Beach Hotel in sharm? I would like to know what you thought of it as we have booked to stay there for a week in september. It sounds really nice ! Also, do you have to have injections to go to egypt? I have been on a day trip from cyprus to cairo, but we didnt need any for this short trip.
Thanks in advance
Hi Bev,

We stayed here in late Feb 08. All I can say is congratulations on such a good choice. The hotel is fantastic! The staff can't do enough for you, the food is good, the pool areas are clean and the drinks are plentiful. Quite a few brits, also german, russian and italian folk there. Will try to post some pics if I can figure out how to do it. You will have a lovely time

Katy x

Edit: Pics added... I think :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.