Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Sorry to hear you've had problems. Overbooking is down to the hotel not the tour operator and to be honest, if you had a refund within a month you did well by operators refund standards! We have only used Jet2 a couple of times but have been more than satisfied with their services.
I, too, am sorry you had problems. I have nothing but praise for them. When we booked earlier this year and were cancellled due to the ash cloud they were very helpful and honest. Money refunded quickly and alternatives offered when the cloud moved.
Well if you go onto the website review centre you will also see reviews from others about how Jet2 holidays regularly overbook with there holidays, people need to be aware.

In my experience it was down to the tour operator NOT the hotel as the hotel DID have availability only JET2 customer services told me they are only allocated so many rooms so resort rep could not obtain them (Ridiculous) as with a couple of alternatives I wanted them to try in other hotels they had on there website (still showing for holiday bookings with room availability).

This all amounts to false advertising in my opinion and think they shouldn't be allowed to fool people into believing holidays are available who might not be in a position to use other funds available & so have to put up with 2/3rd substitute holidays to suit Jet 2 Holidays in order then can fill up there not so popular hotel/resort rooms elsewhere. Luckily I could afford to go buy elsewhere in order to still fly away that weekend which I had booked off work so the refund could then come back to me in due course or I'd have been without my hol abroad this year because of them :rage My custom was there loss and it wont be ever going there way again.
Hotels, like airlines, regularly overbook. Tour operators are only allocated so many rooms, after that they are on request.
I think lots of people will have had overbooking experiences with various sectors of the holiday industry.
If you really think they are guilty of false advertising I would suggest you inform the Advertising Standards Authority.
If the accomodation was shown as available in a computer reservation system it won't count as advertising under the ASA's terms. Just a rubbish way to run a business!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.