Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I recently flew to gran Canaria (sept) and the aircraft was 737. I will be booking to go to Fuerteventura next sept is it likely to be the same type of aircraft - based on sept 13 - as I know there is no crystal ball ;)
I had seat 2D and it was quite a nice seat.
Feebee1,

From which airport on which dates? I'll need a departure airport and date, and preferably a flight number to check the aircraft scheduled.

Darren
Sorry Darren your response hadn't been picked up by new posts.

I will be flying from Manchester on 9th Sept 2014 - tues flight. I didn't think next years information would be available which is why I was asking for historical likelihood. I think it's LS 909
Feebee it shows the aircraft seating plan as you go through the booking. It looks to me like a 737-800.
Feebee1,

Jet2 release flights pretty early. I already have my seats selected for flight in September 2014! As Sunaddict mentions, it'll be a Boeing 737-800 both ways.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Feebee1,

Jet2 release flights pretty early. I already have my seats selected for flight in September 2014! As Sunaddict mentions, it'll be a Boeing 737-800 both ways.

Darren

Me too Darren. I booked in September for next September :)
Thanks Darren I have booked 2F just checking they didn't change the layout - I don't usually book a window seat but this was quite a good row behind the bulkhead so enough room to get up and move without annoying your neighbour :)
Hello,
Can you tell me what Plane I will be flying on from Manchester to Lanza on 26th Jan flight number LS891 and returning on LS892 ( 2nd Feb ) First time of using Jet2 and looking forward to seeing how they fair to other airlines.

Thanks in advance :)
Icequeen,

MAN-ACE-MAN (LS891/2) are operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Icequeen,

MAN-ACE-MAN (LS891/2) are operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

Thank you Darren,
Thought Jet2 had changed planes due to out prebooked seats being changed when I checked in.
We now have rows 1 going and 3 coming back. Is row 1 ok for a child aged 12 ?

Thanks.
Icequeen,

Row 1 is behind a bulkhead so is fine. you wouldn't have been permitted to book those seats if not.

Darren
Does anyone know if Jet2 have changed the look of their boarding pass. Just printed mine off and they look different to ones I've printed off in the past. Not sure if its because I now have Word2013 on my computer & didn't last time & it came up a message "Word will convert PDF to an editable word document & the resulting document will be optimised"

Previously the boarding pass has covered 2 full sheets of A4 paper. This time 2 sheets have come off the printer but with info just on half of each sheet. Also it doesn't have the bar codes just 2 seperate blocks of random numbers & letters. Does however have the flight number, name, passport number, seat number, booking ref etc.

Just worried now that its missed printing off something really important and will have problems at the airport

Thanks
Sorry, I’ve got the nasty feeling you may have been Microshafted. It sounds like Word messed with the format of the boarding pass – trying to make it Word editable.
I printed my Jet2 passes just a day or so ago and they were fine – with the normal barcodes top right.
But I still use Word 2007 – and I will continue to do so rather than give still more money to Microsoft for stuff I don’t want and don’t need.
I really detest it when silly junior inexperienced programmers think they know best and alter important software packages to take incorrect decisions on your behalf thus messing up important documents.
I would suggest getting to the airport a little early and visiting the checkin desks, to avoid possible problems.
Thanks UK Bill & Glynis

Will print off again on another computer
Darren,can you tell me what aircraft we will be flying on?
newcastle/lanzarote LS545 16/03/14
lanzarote/newcastle LS546 23/03/14

Thanks Alan
mobile fitter,

NCL-ACE-NCL (LS545/6) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
An interesting question for Darren or one of the other flight experts...

I flew Jet2 for the first time last week (737-300 NCL/Malaga) and I was surprised to see that they have removed all the window blinds on the planes. I’ve done a little looking around on the web and I see that Jet2 operate 30 or so of these (rather elderly – up to 27 years old) 737-300s and they mostly have no window blinds now.
Why on earth have they done this? It makes it virtually impossible to use a video player in the window seat on the sunny side of a flight and the sun can be blinding.

Another thing which I noted was that all the new seating they have installed in these planes does not recline. I actually think this is GREAT! It removes all the issues about selfish travellers in front fully reclining without any regard to other passengers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.