Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
What is to stop them telling everyone the same,then they dont have to give anything away.
That is what I am trying to find out, only this morning I have received yet another 'knock back' from Jet2. If I find that others are having a similar problem, then I intend to raise the matter with trading standards.
I intend to raise the matter with trading standards.

Why wait? The longer you leave it then the more frustrated you become, and the more difficulty in getting it sorted.
You have given them every opportunity.

fwh
Must admit I was a bit suspicious when it first came out.........If it looks too good to be true then it usually is :cry
The name "HOOVER" springs readily to mind.

fwh
Rimms1

I have just checked the forums on the competition site I frequent and somebody started a thread on there like yours, submitted 2 sets of 3 dates and destinations but unable to get the dates. However, a couple of replies have said they have got their first choice. Someone else has also said they have changed their "blackout" days from the original email and booking form.
I also won the free flights, and have attempted to book them on 5 seperate occasions now. I have also contacted the 10p per minute customer service line only to be informed that they are unwilling to say when the flights are available. I have emailed them and received an unhelpfull automated response. So today I have contacted the Advertising Standards Authority regarding this matter. I urge all people in a similar situation to file a complaint so that they have the necessaty information to deal with Jet 2.
How is the best way to complain?

Is it the trading standards department? and if so, which part of the country do you need to contact, or is it the advertising standards authority as mentioned in the previous post.
Contact your local Trading Standards office.

They share information around the country about complaints such as these. You could also drop a line to BBC Watchdog and any of the national papers. I mentioned Hoover in a previous post and suspect that this is another "bright idea" that has not been properly thought through.

fwh
Just to add to fwh's advice, wherever you live in the country your first call should be to Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 - they will log it and pass your details on to your nearest trading standards office. And everyone should use the same phrase such as "Jet2 free flights offer" so that their systems can start to flag up recurring complaints!
There are discussions and complaints on the Martin Lewis site - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com - with many expressing dissatisfaction with the response they are getting.

An explanation I have read is that whilst they have given 20,000 free flights, they only average out at two or three per flight so no doubt there will be many unhappy people. Certain destinations are popular for those who are paying so the chances of spare seats for the offer are limited.

Sorry but it is another Hoover fiasco. For anyone who does not know about that, some years ago Hoover had a similar offer when you purchased one of their products. They completely misjudged the response and it cost them a lot of money.

fwh
Hi, three of us where I work all won the flights and we all got our third choices, 1 Rome, 1 Murcia and I got Sharm el Sheikh -- we are all happy :cheers
Can't believe I haven't come across this topic on here before.
I'm Lexilex on MSE. I'm up to my 18th form now I think :duh Just wondering if you got anywhere with trading standards.
With my 1st choice was told that it was on a block out date, which it wasn`t ( I have the proof in black and white). 2nd one not available, even though it was out of season. 3rd one still waiting, all they say is it will take 21 days so nothing else can be booked until I know. I have had communication with their press office, call centre and even e mailed the chief executive who hasn`t even got the decency to reply. Has anyone taken their case further and if so who with and what response? Complete fiasco from the beginning!!
The Daily Express £10 Cruise comes to mind, together with the lesson learned that perseverence certainly can pay off, even if it does take a couple of years!!
Hi

I am having the same problem, 2 knock backs from 6 different destinations, no contact details to be able to speak to anyone and by the sounds of it it seems like a waste of time!

Yet when i go to book these flights online they are available..

Has anyone taken this matter further?
"That is what I am trying to find out, only this morning I have received yet another 'knock back' from Jet2. If I find that others are having a similar problem, then I intend to raise the matter with trading standards."

i am having difficulties with them - their initial resposnse to my query about being rejected for all three choices with no alternatives offered was to suggets that I had ignored the balck out dates - which I hjad not noe of my choices was a balck out. I am also bothered that the so called free flight offer has so many strings that it is ultimately not worth having but is now for me a matter of principle so i will sitrck at it and involve media and trading standards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.