Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Thanks for your review Toffeeman - it sounds as though you did a lot of eating (my kind of holiday!!! :lol:).

Did you see any bars/restaurants that looked lively? Cafe Orleans (I think) has been recommended a few times. Is it still there?

Did you catch the local bus to Frigliana?

Thanks in advance.

U2fan
Please add you review for this Hostal HERE for the ben efit of our members ;)
Kath HT Admin
Hi U2fan - yes we enjoyed our food ! - and a bottle or 4 of wine !.

Did not notice any really busy bars but it was a bit early in the Season .

We did get the local bus to Frigliana - from the station at the top of Town -just less than a Euro each way.

FAO : Kath HT Admin - review added.

Toffeemen
Thanks Toffeemen - we go in 10 days... can't wait!!!!
hi Toffeeman
I remembered you writing about booking the Hostal Dianes some months ago and made a point of looking for it when we were there last week. The hostal is definitely in a good area for eating out or getting a bus.
You certainly fitted a lot into your 4 days (especially eating!)
We didnt go to Frigliana as we had been before but we went to Almunecar, further along the coast.
Did you see Ayo at his paella restaurant it was really interesting watching him and hearing all about him from other holiday makers.
Sue
U2fan I hope you enjoyed your trip we had cool and sunny periods and one half day of heavy rain last week. Spoilt our holiday.

Phil.
It hasn't been good down here for about 4 weeks. I have noticed people walking around in holiday gear and I feel really sorry for them when they have spent weeks looking forward to coming, especially those with kids
Hi everyone

We got back from Nerja this afternoon - we had a great time. It's a really pretty place and we absolutely LOVED the Hotel Plaza Cavana. The weather was mixed - we had two days and one evening of rain, a few cloudy days, one very windy day and a few gorgeous "not a cloud in the sky" days - but we didn't let the bad weather ruin our holiday; there are things you can do on the "not so good" days, e.g. shopping in Malaga!

I'll post a review of the hotel/resort/restaurants within the next few days.

U2fan
U2fan

You can add it HERE when you are ready.

Kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.