Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi, Last year we went on 24th Oct,weather was lovely,very warm and humid in the evening 1st week,Monastir has a great street market on a Saturday,remember to haggle,have a great time.
Do go and see the Mausoleum of the previous President at Monastir. It's not at all morbid but absolutely beautiful, all covered in gold inside. For an interesting meal you could try Restaurant le Pirate at Port de Pêche, El-Ghédir, Monastir, lunch 12 noon - 16.00 and dinner 19.00 - midnight. It is apparently closed on Mondays. I did a report on here "Jenny, Frank, Me and the Pirate" which will give you a flavour (no pun intended). As Crispy says, the main thing to remember is to haggle for most things (taxis in particular and certainly in the medinas) - some shops are actually 'fixed price' however. Have a lovely time and I'm sure someone on here will be able to help with any particular questions you may have.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.