Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Gullivers- I think I was there. Is that the huge place with several bars and areas?
A 2hour wait at immigration? We always seemed to have been lucky. We just head for the ones right at the bottom end and are through quickly. I have heard horror stories though.
Keep it coming!
Here is Shirley's hotel review. The hotel is close by to the Landmark where I like. I have heard good reports about it before now- nice to see such a glowing report, we may use it ourselves sometime. It is in a great position.
Gullivers is the huge cream place on the road opposite the Landmark which looks quite glitzy, we did not go inside just sat outside.
We have been to Bangkok 3 times before and have never waited more than 15 mins so we were very surprised.
Still, the new airport will be open soon and that looks to be very impressive - they had a test run day while we were out there and there was lots of info in the Bangkok Post - they are hoping to open on Sept 28th although there are doubts about that now.
Anyway, I will not be back there until next year and hopefully it will be up and running by then.
Must say though will probably miss good old Don Muang...
That was the place we went to. We didn't want to sit outside as there were loads of people chucking flour and water wondering the street. We went in to escape!! :lol:
Not sure if I will see the new airport next year now. I hear the road link is not up and running yet so the journey into the city may take a while( not that it doesn't already of course)
Is it just me being lucky, but its never taken more than half an hour from Don Muang to hotel and vice versa
If there was nothing else on the road we would take half an hour as well. It always seems to be the last part( which should take 5 mins) that takes forever!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.