Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Kalives
6 Posts
I ADORE Kalives - there are a couple of lovely tavernas at either end of the beach but due to familiarity we use Il Forno which despite everything still does some of the amazing pizza's I have had and the atmosphere is great, Medusa next door is supposed to be good but never been (due to the rivalary next door!!!) Mistrali next door to medusa is good for drinks.

The Taverna in the Square (the cafeteria type place) is wicked and really traditional.......now there are others but as I said we are creatures of habit...I suppose it depends which end of the beach you are staying at....where are you staying?
Hi Candolimlover

Thanks for your info. I will note it down. We are staying at the Thamiris Apartments. They are near the beach and the little river but not sure which end of village this is.
We have wanted to go to this part of Crete for a long time. Now I can't wait!

Yiamass, Jean
if it's near the river then you are perfect location as it is absolute dead central.....didn't catch your bit about taxis - there is a stand in the square to take you into chania and i'm sure once you're there you could get one back or ask the same one to arrange a time and pick you up.....forgot to mention Armeni - the next village in the mountains - this really is a must, won't say anymore just go and you'll see what I mean.........
ps.....Sorry but if you do get to Il Forno please say Darren and Suzanne say hello and will be there in August - Georgio is the owner - he may even throw in a free raki!!!!
Hi again candolimlover

Thanks again for the info. Sounds great. We will try Armeni.

Can't wait now - only 9 days to go.

Yiamass, Jean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.