Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
kassiopi in May
4 Posts
HI Camel,
we went week commencing 5th May 2006 for our anniversary and although it wasn't flaming hot from early morning through till night time, it was hot enough most days for sunbathing and we came back with a nice tan after only 1 week. Apart from one day when it rained until about 11.30 am it was really hot from about 10am (sometimes earlier) until 7ish. In the evenings I needed a light cardigan by about 8.30 - 9. I did find it chilly in the apartment though, overnight and found myself hugging the blanket around me. Might have been because the apartment was so big and being Corfu was not heated.

One word about the pools in May - very cold, unless they're heated obviously. The same can be said about the sea.
We've been to Aghios Stefanos, just a couple of miles south of Kassiopi for the last three Mays. The weather has always been excellent. Sunny and warm, with temperatures averaging high 20s.

The big bonus is that Corfu is an exceptionally green island and in early May the spring flowers are still in full bloom. In places it can be spectacular. Old Perithia - just a few miles from Kassiopi - will be stunning.

There is a chance of stroms and rain, you can't escape that. We went in the first and second week of June this year and had changeable weather. But personally I prefer it to the seering heat and crowds later in the summer.

As for whether everywhere is open? Yes. Or at least enough places. If charter jets are coming into the airport then places will be open.
I have noticed for the past few years the temperature has increased significantly towards the end of the month (24th onwards) to raise the temperature to 32-36 degrees at its peak and 29-32 degrees the norm! It normally settles again in the second week in June! Although this obviosuly cant be garaunteed it will be naturally warming up anyway! I would think it will be hot enough to sunbathe through all of may anyway, and come home with a decent tan!

hope this helps!

P.S Kassiopi is a lovely resort, you will have a good time there!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.