Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Quite nice resort and suitable for families... Advantages of the place are that it is not that crowded, beaches are very close and it is also near to the capital of the island (Argostoli).
Where ever you stay in Kefalonia I do not think you will find a bad beach I am a very frequent visitor to the Island and have travelled it extensively and never come to a beach I would not recommend. the Island it's self is also very beautiful with scenary out of this world and people so warm and friendly,
Do enjoy your holiday. pojo
We went to lassi for the first time, about 6 weeks ago now. . I really miss the place, and Kefalonia in general. It really was fantastic.

It's a pedestrian way of life they have over their aswell. It's great therapy, Believe me.
It's defiantly a place for couples and family's..
And the scenery. Well I guess everyone's mentioned it at one time or
another.

Anyone care for a panoramic shot of the beach in lassi .. :)
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1262/minipanorama11dm8.th.jpg

I'll gladly post more pics, if anyone wants them..
I've got a great panoramic of Assos..
was there any particular accom you recommend ?
want to try be close to resort amenities and beach
Do not know if this will be of interest to you but met a family in May who were staying in this house right on the beach and said it was fantastic, they had hired a car so came into the town of Lixouri every night for an evening meal (had a nine week old baby) so did'nt make it late nights,
it's INVALID URL has it's own pool maybe just what you are looking for.
pojo
Locationwise Lassi sounds ideal - close to the airport and the capital - only drawback is that couple of posters have said its a bit tacky.
Scala (skala?) sounds nice also, although its further from the airport and the capital.
Skala IS nice, fairly busy without being over the top and definitely not noisy. The beach is a bit gritty, but a few minutes drive, (or about 40 mins walk) is the beautiful Mounda Beach. Nothing there apart from a small cafe/taverna, but lovely golden sand, and the sea is great for kiddies, shallow for quite a way. Lovely!
P.S. Forgot to say, there are some self catering studio apartments at Mounda beach, Marina Bay Studios, about 100 metres from the sands. We stayed there and although fairly basic they were very nice, couldn`t have been better situated.
Yes really good place for families of all ages great beaches great tavernas and low key nightlife quiet friendly and safe resort well worth a visit and close enough to Argostoli (4/5 euros in a taxi) to get a slightly livelier place, even at 1100 at night (and still 36 degrees :D ) Argostoli is a vibrant place but still suitable for families with young children - ourswere 15 / 19 and still never got bored - miracle of miracles :lol: :lol:
WHAT RESORT - ARE WE STILL ON ABOUT LASSI ?? :roll:
PLEASE do not post in caps...see terms of posting
Lassi has been built for tourist, but no it is not tacky maybe more touristy than other parts of Kefalonia if you understand what I mean but has lovely beaches easy access into Agostoli for the bus terminus where you can explore the Island very cheaply by public transport Poros is nice has the old town and the new town pebble beach if I remember correctly, SKala again is very touristy but lots of people enjoy it and return year after year, Katalios for me has nothing but plenty of people return, I can only say give it a chance and judge for for yourself.
pojo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.