Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Jason - they were certainly there last year. cannot see them closing. Who were they with (which tour company)? Do you know?
Heather
Heather

We went with Thompsons a few years back and then Harry was relegated to the 'Just' Thompson brochure. Did you stay at Harry's and was he just his usual self?

Jason
No jason we didn't actually stay there but we called in one day for Breakfast. yes he is still MAD as a hatter !

if I can find out who is doing it now I will let you know
Heather
Thanks for that Heather. I would really appreciate your help. Do you have connections that you can use or something?

At least its good to know he does not change, although I guess the children would have as we last went there in 2002 but could not get anywhere to stop with him. We called in to see him for lunch one day unsure if he would recognise us but he greeted us by name as we walked in and when we called back there for dinner one night he refused to let us pay and 'forced' us to drink ouzo with him!!!!!!!!!!!
Jason, have asked a friend via email who lives in Kefalos to see whether she can find out
will get back to you when I hear (and if I hear!!)
Heather
Heather

With your extensive knowledge of Kefalos can you advise anywhere there that has good facilities for children as it may be a case of stopping somewhere else in the resort and walking down to see him!

Is Kefalos still as relaxed as it used to be?

Jason
Hi there Jason

Have heard back from my friend. She said that Olympic had Harrys last year. But personally I don't think it is in this years Summer 2005 - don't recall seeing it.

What siort of accom. are you looking for? Pool, near beach, tavernas ???
Let me know by PM and I will give you a couple to look at

Heather
Cheers for that. We are just looking for something prob self catering as we can wander around the resort for our meals! A pool would be good but not a priority and we do like to be near the beach

Thanks again

Jason
Hiya again

You could perhaps look at Chrysoula, Mayflower Peros or Albatros. Also Kokalikis Hotel which is very central has recently been re-furbed and is handy for everything. Chysoula is a top end of resort nearest to the better beaches such as Sunny, Markos etc. But a fair walk into the hub of the resort. Mayflower set back off main road in middle of resort and is very popular, with people retunring time after time, also Albatros is at the harbour end. All of these have pools. Chysoula pool is huge! and they do a mean cip butty!! :lol: :lol:

Someone I know is out in Kefalos now for a week, have asked them if they get anywhere near Mad Harrys to call and find out which brochure they are with.

However, a lot of places are no longer with the tour companies - there is a bit of a political war at the moment between the tour companies and the apartment owners, Hope it sorts itself out soon and does not ruin Kefalos. Have heard it is very quiet at the moment, although it is early in the season.

Should you choose a place and want some more detailed info - if I know of it I will help where I can

Cheers and have a great holiday wherever you end up 8)
Jason - just to add a note to this. The lady I know who was in Kefalos has reeturned and spoke to Harrys son. They are not with a tour company at the moment but she has their telephone number if you are interested and want to go flight only, let me know and I will PM it to you
Heather
Heather

Thanks for that. I would really appreciate Harry's number as it would be a shame for our daughter to miss out on meeting the family - and Harrys wifes cooking!!!!!

I always feel so guilty going over there as he is too generous for his own good.

I also remember the restaurant on 2 floors around by the harbour where the waiters are always running. My wife enjoyed cheesecake there one evening and another evening when we went back there the waiter whispered in her ear that they had more cheesecake. I think its the personal touch I enjoy in Kefalos!

Jason
Jason - see you already have Harrys number from Kos forum - (TigerLilly)

I am so pleased she enjoyed her first vivist to Kefalos - she was really aphrehensive about it before she went --- silly girl!! :lol:
Don't think I know of anyone who has been and not loved the place - Sept 18th for us - and counting 8)
Heather
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.