Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Keycamp Holidays
16 Posts
Have been with Keycamp several (9) times & thoroughly enjoy it. Going again Monday

I would recommend you have a look on line at http://www.keycamp.co.uk they specially tell you which are the lively sites suitable for teenagers and what is available for them.

Think you would find the larger sites will offer more to keep them busy.

Patka
Hi, we too have done Keycamp a few times... France mainly, but we've also been to Duinrell in Holland, which is a fantastic park for kids of all ages.
The caravans are placed around a theme park (to which Keycampers have free entry) and there's a indoor waterpark and outdoor pool too.
It's a perfect site to be able to let your teenagers wander safely to and from the pools and themepark, and there's lots of night entertainment too.
I'd recommend it without a thought.
We stayed at siblu;s La Carabasse in Languedoc in the south of France at the end of June and the teenagers there seemed to be having a great time. It's a big parc with a massive pool and a football/basketball pitch that was always in use. There's a big entertainments area by the pool where they put on lots of entertainments, there was a foam party when we were there that was well attended, plus a couple of bands which everyone enjoyed. There also a big theme parc 5 minutes away (I think it's called Europarc) which is free to get in to. The parc is on the edge of Vias Plage, which is totally tourist orientated, but Vias Old Town is close by and well worth a look. If your teens are old enough, I think they'd like a day in Montpellier, which is a fantastic city. There are lots of beaches in the area which the teens will love, including a couple in easy walking distance of the parc.

One word of advice, we travelled with the parents-in-law and they had a mobile home with air conditioning, which was actually a must when we realised how hot it is in the south of France. At the very least, have a terrace so you can sit and eat outside.
On the Keycamp / Eurocamp websites they list the sites with teenagers clubs - Base. We have used these over the years and found them great for our older children as it intoduces them to new friends easily and is a safe environment for them.

We have personally used the following sites with Base clubs - Des Ormes in Brittany, St Catherine de Fierbois in the Loire, and Sylvamar near Biarittz. Would recommend any of them - they are quite different so look at the websites to find something to suit your children's tastes. There are also a variety of mobile homes and tents so there should be something to suit you as well!
Hi Daveka everyone seems to be saying the same, whenever people have went on a camping holiday they have enjoyed it. I would add that your kids probably don't need the base clubs, although they do help to break the ice, these campsites tend to offer good facilities and the people who frequent them are more friendly than those in hotel complexes. The main reason I think this is so is down to the fact that the freedom that is offered by this type of holiday relaxes everyone. The kids are happy then mum is happy, then dad is happy. Know what I mean ?

We have been to France, Spain and Italy camping, not all with Keycamp, but the same idea and the kids and the wife love the relaxation of it all. Go to a club if you want, make dinner when or if you want, there are no set routines that you have to follow. You make your own holiday, if that suits you go for it just do a little research into the area and not only will your kids have a great holiday but you will too. :cheers
Some Eurocamp sites have football clubs for youngsters called soccer station. They also run Base for teenegers along with Keycamp. (Eurocamp and Keycamp are both owned by Greenbank Holidays and many of the clubs are run jointly)
We've done this type of holiday 6 of the last 7 years and we love the freedom of it. Usually we take our own car but this year we flew and hired a car.
I can recommend Keycamp. We have had lots of great holidays with them. Great locations, ideal family holidays, kids always make friendships. Takes the pressure off having to entertain the kids yourself. a grestmix of organised activitiesfor them and doing things as a family as wel. THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND KEYCAMP
I went on my first ever European camping holiday in the summer. Obviously I have been camping in the UK on several occasions. I was getting a little tired of seeing the same things in Scotland and the Lakes (although they are beautiful locations) so I decided to go on a camping holiday in France with Eurocamp.

Highly recommended I have to say. I believe they are the same company as Keycamp, but correct me if I'm wrong! They organised everything which even included printed driving directions from Calais to our holiday park! And then there was the park itself.

We stayed at the Belle Dune holiday park (near Normandy) and the kids absolutely loved it! There was plenty for them to do and they were all worn out by about 7pm which meant me and the wife got to spend some quality time together. I would definately holiday with Eurocamp / Keycamp and am thinking about camping further from home next year. Maybe Italy, Slovenia, or Croatia...

Has anyone any experiences camping in these regions?
I have many happy memories of keycamp and Eurocamp holidays when my 3 children were 7-13 years old. We had great family holidays in France touring between different sites across France. I can also thoroughly recommend both companies for great family holidays. The children always made many friends and were happily engaged in the activities organised by the reps on the campsites.

Enjoy !!!!
keycamp are good but there isn't a 'much of a muchness' amongst the camping companies in france Except :yikes they are far far to expensive like canvas holidays you can do much better than these two for value have a look online there are some very good other camping holiday operaters
Try Mathews Holidays website,, We are going again with them this year... absolutely brilliant sites with loads for kids and adults.. Best part is they dont charge for children under 18... they will be much cheaper than Eurocamp or Keycamp. We went with keycamp for a week.. The price was well over a thousand pounds. Mathews Holidays is charging us just over 500 pound for TWO WEEKS. That includes the ferry crossings as well. like i said... complete bargain. Hope this helps.. :wave:
Hi Hel n Ali, thanks for the info, but Eurocamp and keycamp etc do not charge per child etc it is only for the accommodation. Looked at the mobiles on offer at Mathews hoildays and the prices and didn't find them any cheaper at all. Couldn't see any mobiles with decking and a 3rd bedroom. I am still looking for this year hoping to pick up some sort of bargain, although I think the best option will be directly with a campsite.
I also looked at Matthews and was not impressed. Limited ferry choice was one reason.

Patka
We stayed with keycamp and canvas holidays in france many times both operators are very good. But they are far far too expensive :cry shop around eg. direct camping are brilliant value for money and there sites are as good as any ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.