Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
If you go into Shooters Bar on Baga Rd and ask for John he'll sort you out with a game against the local taxi drivers. I think John is a football coach in England (or something like that), he organises a few matches every season (they even have a kit) and usually has details displayed on the big screen in shooters. They had a match just before Christmas and the Shooters team won......must be mad wanting to kick a ball around in that heat!!!
Cheers GFF i'll do that.

I think that must be the game I heard about last year. I was buying some football shorts in Calengute and the the salesman let me know about it.

I love the heat! :yikes
My Oh would defo be up for it!! We fly out on 1st Feb so will be around at the same time :pele

The last time we visited Goa a couple of years ago we used Pedro's Pyramid shack on Baga beach and he managed to get the lads there into loads of trouble with the owner cause he would start a kick about most days and they always joined in, instead of doing their job!!

Usually ended up in a full blown game, not too bothered though left me to get on with my sunbathing, but agree about the heat, don't know how you lot do it!! :sun
looby13 wrote:
My Oh would defo be up for it!! We fly out on 1st Feb so will be around at the same time :pele

The last time we visited Goa a couple of years ago we used Pedro's Pyramid shack on Baga beach and he managed to get the lads there into loads of trouble with the owner cause he would start a kick about most days and they always joined in, instead of doing their job!!

Usually ended up in a full blown game, not too bothered though left me to get on with my sunbathing, but agree about the heat, don't know how you lot do it!! :sun

:D I did a similar thing last year, shirts against skins, you had to swim into the sea to get past us :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.