Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Kissonerga
12 Posts
My nieces friend has an apartment there and she has stayed a few times.She likes it as its not to "touristy"It is situated between Pathos and Coral bay but on a road a couple of miles inland.
Hi
Kissonerga is between Paphos and Coral Bay. About 10 mins in car from Paphos Harbour. Not an awful lot there but depends what you want from a holiday. Area on a bus route if you arent hiring a car. I am sure you will have a good time.
Hi there

I have a house in Kissonerga that we've had for about 5 years.. The village has developed somewhat over the past 18 months or so. It now has 3 small supermarkets; bank; pharmacy; takeaways; a fantastic restaurant called tweedies - which has a website and a pub owned by an irishguy named Sean and a cypriot - name I've forgotton.
It's about 30 minutes from Paphos airport and you get cabs or walk down the hill if you wish to use local buses - fine on the way down but it's not for the unfit on the way back up. there is a bus which stops in the village but it's only about 3 times a day - car hire is easy and they drive on the left.
Beach is at the bottom of the said hill and there is horse riding nearby.

If you'd like any specific questions answered, then please let me know.
Pat
Kissonerga is (pronounced kissonica) is as posted above and yes it is two thirds of the way from Pafos to Coral Bay but not on this road, you will have to turn right off this road, I use Vardas beach walkable if fit from the village, you have there free sunbeds overlooking the small sandy beach, lovely spot many ex pats use (like me).

The village is as posted above has most of what you would need but it is quiet not at all touristy, more for locals , just a short drive towards Pafos is Lemba village, it has a large well used supermarket called Papantonious, also a nice Taverna (Lemba tavern) where Louis will look after you and it is reasonable...have a great time.

This shot was taken recently from Kissonerga down the road from the village towards Banana bay and onwards to Coral Bay..

http://cyprusliving.org/photogallery/nfpicturepro/albums/userpics/10002/normal_HT%20%28500%20x%20334%29.jpg

Just been announced that 'Leptos' a large developer is to develop a large marina in the bay on this photo, this has been on going for many years and now looks to be on the way, it is sure to cause big disruption to the busy coast road for the next five+ years of the marina build, it probably will make this side of Paphos very busy when the development is eventually finished..(when)
  • Edited by jimbox 2008-02-07 05:57:29
Is it Lemba village where there is an artists village?I remember going to this amazing place and I think it was in Lemba.
Yes Lemba village has a small artist collage, and a prehistoric village, our daughter Helen lives there with her family..I pop down most days..

interesting link to Lemba..

http://www.arcl.ed.ac.uk/arch/lemba/homepage.html
Lemba is a surprising little hamlet with lots more there than you would ever think from the road. I particularly like the small archaeological village which is free to get into and allows you just to stop for a minute, reflect and consider how fortunate we are.
My daughter house is next to this prehistoric village, and yes Lemba is a lovely village, did you know it is a refugee village from the 1974 war on Cyprus? very dificult to buy property there as most of the land is Turkish, some plots like our daughters house was released to build there house on, but they can never own it as such as they will never get there title deeds for the land, but the family lost all in Famagusta during that conflict, just thought you may wish to know the history of Lemba..
Its a great thing she is aware of the title issues before purchase, hence the value of a good solicitor. It also shows title deeds are not always necessary.
No need for a solicitor, she is married to a Cypriot, the land in Lemba was given to my son in laws mother by the Cyprus goverment, they have just built on to her property, as you can see from that prehistoric village next time you go!! but regarding a lawyer I agree for ex-pats like myself you should have an INDEPENDANT lawyer before even looking for a property, very important this!!...I always have given this advice, but the land in Lemba is controlled by the republics own government, and is not given out by local lawyers, this is why it is very hard to find privately owned titled deeded in Lemba, otherwise I would be living in this village, but I am only up the road..so see the grand kids every day!! lovely..
:wave:
We just stumbled across Lemba while we were driving around and thought it was beautiful.The artists village is an amazing place.I have photos taken there but it was with a non digital camera so cant post them.
We also went to a old round historic house up a track from the village,maybe the rest of the old village wasnt open then.(December 2004)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.