Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I think Bellini in Puerto Pollensa may hire gear, but that's only a maybe.

Kitesurfing is not that easy here. Officially it cannot be instructed or indeed offered, the reason being that it is considered dangerous. This said, there are groups of kitesurfers who gather at the Marina beach between Alcudia and Puerto Pollensa and on the rustic beach at Playa de Muro. And well ... Daresay there are other such groups around the island.
Hi just back from a nice long months holiday in Palma Nova and they had them for hire there near the Son Matias beach

we saw quite a few Kitesurfers whilst there as well they seemed to go out in the evening when the wind had picked up
Cheers for the help guys. Im fairly new to it so dont have all the gear yet but desperate to do it in Majorca this year. That info is invaluable. Any more help is really appreciated!!
Andrew 711,

I drove down the road you mention about a month ago. I was travelling between Alcudia and Puerto Pollensa on the coast road and was astonished at the strength of the wind and the shear height that these kite surfers were reaching. I swear, some must have been flying for 50 - 60 yards at anything upto 20 feet in the air. Exhilarating yes but not for a beginner or the faint hearted !!
Just an update if anyone is interested:-

I couldnt find anywhere that did any gear on the island. I tried Bellini and also all around the Son Mathieus Beach are of Palma Nova. Never mind, next time Ill take my own.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.