Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Korean airlines
7 Posts
Flown twice with KoreanAir on Airbus 330's (to Korea from japan and from Korea to Thailand.) Both flights were fine with fairly good catering and reasonable leg room (cant remember pitch). In flight entertainment was available in various languages including English and seat back tv screens. The cabin staff were very beautiful and attentive throughout.

Nivsy
I cant seem to find out on the Korean website what their seat pitch is in economy - has anyone flown with them, London to Auckland? Also, what is the difference between premium economy and first class?
  • Edited by David 2008-09-01 21:37:22
    Merged with existing topic, which may catch nivsy's attention for further feedback.
Elle Dee, Have a check at http://www.seatguru.com

I am sure the Korean web site will show the latest versions of their seating classes - although I cannot recall economy premium being offered.....it was economy business or first.

The 747 and 777 will have 33 to 34 inches in economy.

Nivsy
Thanks... but still a bit confused. I did check this out earlier, but couldnt quite work out which were the new planes etc. Maybe its just me, but the whole thing is a bit confusing :que I am not very plane literate, all these numbers mean nothing to me! Although I do realise that perhaps 31" seat pitch isnt good for that length of journey? Which type of ticket would you need to buy for your chair to recline right back to sleep position [just in case my mum wants to travel with us]?

Any tips on when to buy a long haul ticket, or round the world?
I see there is an overnight stay in the flights we are interested in... how could we arrange to have two nights here instead of one... is that possible to book it like that?
ElleDee,

I've only just seen your post as I was in Turkey when you originally posted. You should be able to book a stop-over of however many days you want. You can either do this via your travel agent, or just book seperate flights with a 2 day gap between them. LHR - Seoul is operated by a Boeing 747-400 with the onward flight to Aukland operated by a Boeing 777-200/ER. As for the flights, if you want larger seats which recline to form a bed (sleeper seats), you'll need to book First Class which are pretty expensive. The aircraft also have a Prestige (business class) section with 50-60" seat pitch and economy with 33-34" seat pitch. All the information you are looking for is on Korean Air's website.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.