Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Kovalam
3 Posts
Hi, You will enjoy Kovalam I went last year and it is a lovely place. Try and do a backwater cruise it is so special going along peacefully seeing all the magnificent kingfishers and other birds, a huge fruit bat went over us, also seeing how life revolves around the river for everyone is facinating. Go over night but get an airconditioned barge if you can we had one and much better as no mosquitos then! The food they cook you is fantastic also. Perriyar is a good place to go as well to see the wildlife we saw elephants, monkeys, giant squirrels and hornbills to name a few, amazing. Kovalam itself is a bit touristy but still has a great feel to it, the fishermen on the beach pulling in their nets chanting is so different. The restaurants we visited all did lovely food, if you like seafood the giant prawns are great. I wish I was going back enjoy.
Thanks Lady,

can't wait, only3 days now :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.