Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Not sure if its still there or if its the nearest one to you but there is one at the Krabi Sands Resort Beach Restaurant...this would be a ten minute walk from the Sheraton, via the beach past the Nakamanda.

As for trips hire a long tail boat for the day and take a trip to Koh Hong and other outlying islands. Take a picnic and drink with you as there are limited facilities. Or if you feeling fit a trip to Tiger Cave temple (no tigers to be seen) and climb the hill to the shrine at the top. Some 1200 odd steps and some very steep especially at the beginning. Best done in early morning when cooler and the air is clear. The view over Phang-Nga bay is stunning.
Hi Dawnie,

I went to Krabi last year (Ao Nang).

I seem to recall seeing a few cash points, I don't think you will have any problems with that.

Not too sure where Sheraton is in relation to Ao Nang, but if you are over that way, then there are long tail boats to plenty of other islands.

Also I can recommend a particular restaurant set a little back from the beach -opposite a hotel called Krabi Thai Village - called Carnivore, if you have the opportunity, visit there and order the Ostrich Steak. Very nice.

Also, if you fancy something of a lively late night bar/club, check out Luna Bar.

Good times!
Hi Dawnie

Just returned from Aonang (Krabi) and there are plenty of ATM's. Shop around though as the yellow 24hrs ATM ones only charge 15 baht for taking cash out but others (especially bank ones) can charge up to 150 baht (£3)

take a trip to the phi phi islands, not because its where they shot "The Beach" as Maya bay where it was filmed was absolutely rammed with people but because the rest of the trip, Monkey island, Bamboo Island and the snorkeling are absolutely amazing!

Agree with the comments abot tiger cave, walked up the 1267 steps to the top and the views are immence, also try and go the the emerald pool and the hot springs (they are very close to each other) as they are a nice day out.

dont bother with the "James Bond" island tour as its is a bit pants, although the visit to the Islam floating Island ( village on stilts built out of the river) is really nice to visit.

Enjoy
Sorry to ask a stupid question - but can i use my plain old debit card in the ATM or is it credit card only?
Debit cards should work fine, though its worth informing your bank before you go. Natwest locked one of our cards which we were unable to use for the duration of the holiday as an anti fraud measure.
Thanks - i am with Natwest so i will pop in and tell them. :)
Please don't use your credit card in ATM's unless you are prepared to pay the very high interest rate which will be charged from the moment you withdraw cash.

You can find out how much using your card abroad will cost HERE and HERE

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.