Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi and welcome to HT. Sorry, I missed your post earlier. Unfortunately we don't have any reviews for that hotel yet but perhaps someone can help here. As its in Candolim there are many great restaurants and Calangute is also withing easy reach( I'm assuming here that this is your first visit). Have a look at our restaurant thread and see which ones you might fancy trying. :)
L'alegria de goa is the best hotel we've stayed in on our visits to Goa. We've stayed in the Prazeres, Sunshine Park and Village Royale. We were moved from the Village Royale to L'alegria de Goa after paying an upgrade because we were so unhappy with the Village Royale. Our room was lovely. We had a lounge room with a settee, a dining table and chairs, a large shower room, loo etc and the bedroom had a fully stocked fridge, TV and air-con. The entire hotel was spotless and the staff were very friendly. We were given vouchers for our breakfast which included eggs and fresh fruit. We were also given vouchers worth 300 rupees each to buy food from the hotel restaurant. I can't remember if we had 6 of these or 12. I know we only used a couple because there are so many other restaurants that we wanted to eat in. I remember one lunch time we used a voucher to have a toasted sandwich and fries each and a huge banana split and we still didn't spend all of the 300 rupees. The food was very good and very cheap. The hotel has a lane at the side which goes past some villas and onto the beach. It is situated slap bang in the middle of Candolim Village, so everything is right on the doorstep. One of our favourites, Floyds, was just down the road on the right and the beach road with Infernos is to the left. I love Candolim, there are just so many excellent restaurants to try there and I especially love L'alegria de goa. Wanted to goa again this year but the price for our weeks was around £2000 for the two of us. Just couldn't afford that. Have a wicked time and if I can give any more info just ask. ;)
Has anyone got the e-mail address or web site of this hotel it looks interesting! thanks
I have posted a review yesterday so should be available in the next day or so
Look on trip advisor and there is a website http://goanvillage.in/
Thanks Taffy we go on sunday for six weeks and are going to stay in candolim for a week :tup
Many thanks to you all for the information JAYNIEB sounds fantastic. Also thanks to silentman for the link and from here saw your review taffy45 I am really looking forward to going now. We arrive 2nd March for a fortnight on our return I will put my views on of the resort and hotel.
hi jaynieb - did you book as a package,and if so who with? is the same hotel as the goan villiage? i have read good reviews of it on another site, but have not managed to find it with a tour company.
thanks
Hi Nevertoold. Yes, we booked our package with Direct Holidays but it was to stay at the Village Royale. That was filthy and our rep (who was a Thomas Cook rep) offered to move us to L'alegria de Goa for an extra payment of £80. We viewed a room there and were blown away. You just could not compare the two hotels. So we paid our money, moved hotel, and got on with enjoying our holiday!! It is on the Thomas Cook website and I have noticed this week that it is now on the Direct Holidays website, so check there as well as it could be cheaper. L'alegria de Goa is the same place as the Goan Village. I think that is what it used to be called. When we went in April, there wasn't any entertainment ( I don't know if they have any earlier in the season) But bars and restaurants out in Candolim village have all kinds of things going on if that's what you want. We would sometimes just end our evening with a quiet drink at the hotel bar. Take care.
Jayne
Sorry, that was for bushbaby!!! By the way, if you wanted to put together a scheduled flight with this hotel, you can book a room there through Travel Republic.
Jayne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.