France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I have never visited this site, but hope that I can help you start finding information to answer your questions.

Best value car hire from Nice Airport?

You should find the Nice Airport website and find out which car hire companies are represented at this airport, and then contact them for rates. You might also contact Holiday Autos, which is a car hire brokerage firm, that operates all over Europe, and I have used it without any problems in the past in France, Turkey and the UK. It will also allow you to prepay in POUNDS STERLING, saving you currency charges, though you will be required to leave a deposit in Euros when you pick up the car. This company uses reliable partners and I've never had a problem.

Good family restaurants in the surrounding area.

You will need to look up the exact location of this campsite and see which villages or towns are around it. You can then contact the tourist information office (Office de Tourisme) of the big towns and details of restaurants should be on their websites, or simply google the name of the town and 'restaurants'. Courtepaille are a reliable chain of grill restaurants, and Relais Routier restaurants are usually good on food but are not very romantic! Logis de France hotels often have reasonable restaurants attached. It all depends on your taste in food and your budget.

Can swim shorts be worn in pool or speedo's only?
Are inflateables allowed in the pool?

I would contact the campsite directly and ask honestly ............

Est-ce que les hommes peuvent porter que les maillots de bains (façon slips) dans la piscine ou est-ce que vous acceptez que les hommes portent des shorts?

May gentlemen only wear swimming trunks in the pool or are they allowed also to wear shorts? (maillots de bain façon slips = swimming trunks (ie speedos) and shorts = shorts/bermuda shorts)

Est-ce que les enfants peuvent utiliser des articles gonflables dans la piscine, comme des matelas pneumatiques, des ballons ou des formes d'animaux?

Are children allowed to use inflatables in the pool, such as lilos, balls or animal shapes?

Hope this helps ......... I would strongly suggest you bring a pair of trunks if you need them ... you can always wear them under your shorts until you decide to enter the pool.
Hi
We have a holiday home at Holiday Green which is just up the road from la Baume,if you would like to e-mail me,I can send you the info we leave at our van for clients,places to eat etc....
my email address is: ****removed***
Always happy to help.

Mandy
Hi Coopsiscool, apparently a lively campsite, we stayed at Holiday Green further out of town from the one you are going to. Mandywrecsam has a home on this site, she will give you lots of info.
As a first timer to this area I can assure you you will have lots of choice of restaurants. There are a few very close to your site. As you exit from the site turn right on the busy road and withina few hindred yards there are some restaurants fairly informal. A short drive into Frejus and St Raphael and you will be spoilt for choice. Would suggest that you make your way to the evening market and stroll along the sea front and you will certainly find a restaurant to your taste. I can still see all the people eating the moules et frites. Such a pleasant place to spend a relaxing evening with the kids. Can't remember names but they are all of a good standard. And if you have the car you can head for the hills and seek out many other restaurants.

As regard inflatables, at Holiday Green these were allowed in the pool for 3 hours a day 12 - 3pm. And I dont remember any restrictions on swim shorts although when we were there a certain gent thought he looked good in a gents thong thingy :rofl those Belgians have better taste in beer than in swimming attire ;)

Will try and find the car hire company
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.