Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
There aren't many resorts on La Palma mostly small towns/villages that have the odd hotel, apartments or villas for rent. The main three resorts are probably Puerto Naos which has a few hotels, apartments, bars and restaurants, Los Cancajos which is a developing resort with some nice hotels and Tazacorte which is a small quiet resort with some good bars/restaurants. Llos Llanos de Aridane is largish town with some shops, retauarants, bars and nice quiet squares. The capital Santa Cruz is a pleasant place to visit.
It is six years since I was there so it may have changed a bit. There was some building going on in places but because the island is mountainous this should be somewhat limited.
There are few beaches on the island, all (I think) with black sand, I think this is one of the reasons that the island has remained quiet and missed out on the mass tourism that has affected most of the larger islands.
A car is a necessity if you want to see the island.
La Palma has been a popular destination with german visitors for some years now, a lot of them have bought property and spend extended holidays there especially in winter.
I don't know if any UK TO's do holidays to La Palma ( I live in Germany so was able to fly direct from Munich) but if not it may be possible to do a DIY holiday and fly to one of the larger islands and take a hop from there.
It's a lovely island to which I hope to return sometime.

check out http://www.islalapalma.com
Thankyou Judith.
Got it down to two places Puntallana. and Tenague.
The link you sent was really helpful
Munsy
Thomsons do holidays to La Palma HERE :wink:
Thankyou,but as we live in Fuerteventura,it is easier for us to arrange our own accommodation.Still nice and warm ,a bit to hot at times. munsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.