General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Exfoliate! A good scrub before applying fake tan can help stop the "orange" problem.
Different brands are applied in different ways. Some of the very expensive ones are best applied at night, slept in, and showered off the next morning. The cheaper brands can streak and smear if you go to bed or put tight clothing on after you've applied them, or indeed if you slap on too much.
With all brands, you should use a good exfoliator in the bath/shower beforehand and then a light moisturiser. Allow moisturiser to settle before applying the fake tan. Read the instructions thoroughly before jumping straight into the process!
What brand have you bought?
i treated myself to the st'tropez ''everyday'' it was £13! i have used the actual st tropez full tan before and the colour was nice, but still a bit dark for me, so i am hoping this will be a better option, i am ok with the big bits, it's just getting it on the wrists and feet that i suffer with, i think i will blend it over my feet with some moisturiser to thin it out.
hi, I read somewhere that its best to apply fake tan an hour or so after showering to stop the 'orange' look, something to do with your skins ph balance.
I'm sure there are some experts on the forum who will correct me if I'm wrong !
I also use a gradual tanner, at least then it takes the glare out of the milky bottle look !
Greek kitty - If you've got the fair to medium don't panic. I put it on everyday for a week and still only got to the glow stage. I was quite disappointed really. Don't worry cos there'll be loads of lily whites there - most Brits in fact after the weather we've had. Just don't rush your tan there, your body will burn easily this year as it hasn't had the chance to tan gradually before you go.
I used the fair to medium before my hols and found it was just enough to take the horrible pasty look away , would definitely use again. Enjoy your hol :)
Does fake tan look OK on holiday?
I use Johnsons holiday skin and had thought about doing it before my hols but then was worried it would streak and go really funny once I starting applying sun lotion and getting in/out of the sea/pool and that it might leave me with an uneven tan.
Is it the sublime bronze airbrush that you've used Sarah. If so can you tell me how much it is please? I can't seem to find a price on the site. Thanks
It is the sublime bronze Helen, but I can't remember how much it was. Its in ASDA and Boots, infact I think its on offer in boots.

Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.