Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
hI sARAH

We have been going to the Lagoon for the past 5 years, got back 2 weeks ago, we love it. Its the best place to stay, basic rooms, but clean, 2 bedroomed apartment we have, spacious, the bar is lovely and the staff exceptional, alex, denis and spiros (the owner) and two new waitresses this year, but alex and denis have been there for years, lovely people, will do anything for you, so friendly and lovely, they have entertainment 7 nights a week, they have a film on at 8pm (new ones that have or havent come out yet back home) and then at 10pm its either bingo, kareoke, quiz nights and tribute acts of a sat night and wed is greek night, the place is fantastic, we are all booking up again, we meet the same families every year, people go back year after year, its about 40 seconds walk to the main strip, so you wont hear any noise of a night, the bar is open from 9am to 4am and alex works his socks off, on the main strip are plenty of bars, restaurants, most do tribute acts every night, bob marley is fab, saw him at the lagoon this year, our favourite restaurant is memories half way up the strip, george and staff are excellent, loads more, the family, churchills in canal d-mur area, its just fab, I cannot fault sidari at all, beach is lovely, great water sports etc, the kids will love it, the lagoon has everything, pool is spotless with a slide and entertainment is great and pool table there as well, you will not be disapointed, you can go on The Lagoon Sidari page on facebook or me on fb and can see from there - Tina Harris im in birmingham, hope this helps and enjoy if you do go, you will find the Lagoon very very addictive!
Thanks for the reply.

Can you, or anyone else let me know what the rooms are like? I realisethey are probably basic. We would have a 2 bedroom apartment. Do the bathrooms have shower cubicle or shower curtain or is it more like a wet room?

Sarah
Hi

We stay in a 2 bedroomed apartment, kitchen area has a fridge and small oven with 2 rings and table and chairs and all cutlery, 2 single beds in each, quite big, wardrobes are huge, plenty of room, hairdryer in each room by cupboard, side cupboards by each bed, bathroom has sink, toilet, and small bath, with a shower, but no shower curtain or rail, I find the place gorgeous, the studios are two rooms, i.e. small kitchen area and separate room with the two same beds and obviously bathroom the same.

You can go onto the lagoon website and see pictures or look on cosmos or co-op travel they show the rooms, hope this helps.

Tina
Thanks again Tina. I sent you a PM but you have answered all my questions above. Really appreciate all the info.

One last thing do all the 2 bedroom apts over look the pool and are they on same floor or different floors?

Sarah
Hi Sarah

There is an older block, which is mostly studios I think, nearer the bar end, and the building is only two storey high, i think there are a couple of 2 bedroomed in the old block, one duplex apart, which has stairs in it, but thats for bigger families, these overlook the pool, I think the old block all the balconies are a view of the pool, never stayed in the older block, the new block, well i say new, its not, but you know what i mean, lol, the balconies do not overlook the pool on these, just over a grass area, or the one we stayed in, behind reception onto a quiet road at the side, you do not hear any noise at all, there are two blocks, i think theres over 32 rooms, just like a maisonette block, but smaller, not hard to climb the stairs, its a lovely place, we know everywhere there and all the greeks on the strip, its like our 2nd home, they are fantastic people, lovely, cannot wait to go back, theres loads of us going next august so cannot wait , long way off, but we know we have such a good time and a laugh, hope this helps sarah, any more information you want just let me know.

Tina
does anyone know if the lovely dennis alex or christina have facebook?? btw lagoon is great :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.