Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Sagres, happy new year, you take super photos, I am back 17th Feb just in time for all the carnivals and parades if I can fathom out how to work my new camera (xmas present from no1 son) I will try and take some .
Thanks, nosivad, and a happy new year to you and yours.It's not difficult finding pleasant scenes to photograph in Lagos at that time of year as the whole town is a mass of lights - it puts some big cities in the U.K. to shame. Most of the shots that I've just uploaded were of small side streets. Although it doesn't show too well on the photograph of the Marina, lots of the boat owners join in and put lights in the rigging of thier yachts. You'll have to treat yourself and visit one Christmastime !!
We fell in love with Lagos when we visited last September and their Christmas lights are beautiful. Like you say, it puts many UK cities and towns to shame.

Thank you for putting them on here, it's made us seriously think about visiting around that time of year.

Happy New Year :)
You won't regret it, roswell; Lagos is beautiful any time of the year; at Christmas, it's magical !!
Our local towns are shameful with Christmas lights compared to the Portuguese towns, the portuguese make a real effort for festivities.Makes you wonder why you pay so much in council taxes.
We stayed in Lagos between Christmas and the New Year and loved it. The decorations are fantastic. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.