Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
lake como
3 Posts
Will you have a car? and do you have a head for heights?

If you've seen any of the endless repeats of the Top Gear episode where they search for the best road in Europe you'll remember the final bit - the Stevio pass. You can do that over to Malles, then come back the other way via Sta Maria and the Umbrail pass (cuts a corner of Switzerland).

Or a bit shorter, head for Tirano and then over the Bernina pass (again in Switzerland) to St Moritz with return the direct route via the Majola pass. This route may also be possible by public transport if you don't have a car, if you need more details I'll do more digging.
now i have been can post a reply..trip to milan very good also to st moritz using bernina express from tirano you could spend a whole week going about the lake on the ferries 3 good centres to choose from menaggio,viranhno,bellagio are middle lake and good for getting about..we stayed in menaggio and i preferred it,we stayed in 4 star grand hotel victoria but i wouldnt bother the grand hotel menaggio is cheaper and better also the 3* bellavista is good value for money.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.