Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
LAKES IN MALAGA
9 Posts
It's actually El Chorro. Just Google that and you'll find plenty of information, in fact, the one on the list that says Information about El Chorro and with andalucia in the web address, tells you how far to drive to reach different parts. I heard about El Chorro on a recent TV programme and saw the beautiful countryside and would definitely like to see it the next time I'm over there - makes a change from crowded beaches.
Went to Lake Chorro a couple of years ago. Trip organised by one of the local bars in Arroyo "The Rupured Duck" or "Pato Roto" in spanish. It's in a wee back street behind (uphill) from Arroyo station. Good trip, nice scenery and swam in the lake followed by nice long lunch with some wine and a little nap back on the bus. Lovely day. I think the bar runs a trip once a week but ask in any of the Brit bars if they do it, depending on where you are staying.
Many thanks to Spindles & Brian Murdoch all info much appreciated.
Kindest Regards Frances
Fran,

If you buy the Michelin map of the Costa del Sol, number 124, it will give you all details of this lake and others. It wont cost much and I find it an invaluable item for me when over in Spain.

Hope you have a nice holiday
Hello Danazcurt,
Thanks for all the info really appreciated. Had a great hol with the best weather, sadly would you believe we didnt get around to The Lakes. But we did get to Rhonda which is very beautiful. We will be back in Spain a couple of times next year so hopefully will get the map and take your advice.

Kindest regards
Fran
If you are hiring a car you may find this lake interesting
http://www.idealspain.com/Pages/Places/Attractions/lake1.htm
The days out pages at benal-life.com
have a very detailed write up with maps and photographs. Go to the link and use the drop down menu.
Thank you to Resident. Have just checked out that particular site really informative, ideal for our visit next year. Thanks for taking the time to reply on this brilliant site.
Kindest Regards
Fran
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.