Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hel 'n' Ali wrote:
Hi All...
we are staying at this campsite for two weeks starting on the 27th May, was just wondering if anyone has stayed at this site? or area? if so any hints or tips to make for a perfect stay? i am staying there with my partner and 3 kids,8,11,17. any advice would be much appreciated. :tup

Sorry we normally go a little further South around The Carnac area of Morbihan so can't find anything locally (on my computers) that I know of
just a quick update. we arrived there to find only a handfull of people,after 2 days these left and then there was just us. well.. from what we gathered anyway.. so the owners shut the shop/bar/pool/water park. we were stranded on a campsite in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. the kids were going mental!!! the rep actually said he was going home because it was all shut and he was bored!!. he could'nt give us any kind of information on where to take the kids on days out because "he doesn't have children and doesn't drive" i was furious. after 3 days of trying to find out how to get out of this mess i finally phoned our tour operators back home and begged them to move us. we ended up going to the campsite in Benodet called Camping St Gilles.. the reps were amazing the site was amazing and we have booked again for june this year. What a difference a few miles makes. its absolutely gorgeous there and cant wait to go back.
Hel 'n' Ali wrote:
we ended up going to the campsite in Benodet called Camping St Gilles.. the reps were amazing the site was amazing and we have booked again for june this year. What a difference a few miles makes. its absolutely gorgeous there and cant wait to go back.

That is something we too have noticed in France you only have to go a few miles and you get
Different social niceties
Different weather
Different food
open campsites

you only need to go 30 miles and it's like going from Kent to Wales the difference is so noticable

Enjoy it this year I've just checked out the campsites own website looks nice but not on our route for July this year so filed away for another year
camping st gilles is definately one campsite i would recommend, we loved it as much as the kids, the swimming pool area is set around a jamaica/desert island theme with palm trees and sand effect. absolutely gorgeous. and the area was sublime. totally different from landudec. like i said... an absolutely gorgeous resort. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.