Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Lanzarote Villa
8 Posts
Your post does not make it clear what you are trying to do. Are you seeking a some form of recompense?

To try to assist can you tell us how you booked this. If you booked it via a UK company then you would need to approach them but if it was direct then you do have a problem if they are based in Lanzarote as they are not subject to UK law. That is not to say they may not be willing.
You say the management company struggled to resolve the problem. Did they give you anything in writing? This would of course strengthen your claim. Can you tell us briefly what the problems were?

fwh
Thank you fwh for your reply. My post is really trying to warn others to beware. We have the situation in hand and only wish to warn others at the moment and are interested to hear if other people have experienced similar.
In Oasis de Nazaret?? I've never stayed there, but I know it's advertised on several websites. James Villas also sell it, so I would have thought it would have been a reasonable standard. Both electricity and water can have problems on Lanza. Was it just your villa, or was it something affecting the village?
Yes it was in Oasais de Nazaret. Yes we are aware that water can be a problem in that area but the management company has equipment in place to compensate this but unfortunately for us not working. Electricity was just this villa. We are aware that this is marketed by James Villas and others. Anyone booking this villa in the future needs assurances that the problems have been fully rectified.
The water problem is not going to be rectified in the immediate future. All rural properties are being without mains water most weeks for up to three days because of problems at the main desalination plant. If there is an aljibe at the property then that gets filled, but of course without electricity this cannot be pumped into the property.
Thank you for your posting madsue. We were aware of the water problems in the rural areas and as we understood it there was a aljibe at the property but with the problems with the electrics this did not work properly.
Let's hope they rectify the electrical problems before someone else books it. Without electricity the pump won't work to get the water from the aljibe into the property.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.