Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Saggy,

I am going to look into it this week and will let you know how I get on, if I can find it, my eyes are that bad :lol: :lol:

Mike
LOL Mike, thanks, much appreciated. I might also put this on the Delhi forum as I shall also be spending some time there.
Saggy
I would also be interested to hear how your research goes Mike as my eyesight is terrible and I have considered laser surgery off and on for ages. The thought of it is just so scary though so I have not done anything about it. I hope to be at the Teama meet up on 13th Nov so maybe you will have got some info by then that you can share. Cheers.
Hi all,

I have been booked in for tomorrow morning, so i will keep you updated.

Fizzy, I will see you in the Teama bar or not !!! if the eye op fails :lol: :lol:

Mike
Thanks Mike....think positive :D
Saggy
Hi all

Yes the op can be done for me, i am being booked in for next Wednesday, the op will take 15 minutes and i have to stay there for another two and a half, the cost is £750. The doctor i saw is an indian who comes from Wigan YES WIGAN!!!!! he is very informative and he will test you first and if they think it is not possible they will tell you, i spoke to a friend of mine who said she went there and they told her that it was not possible, so at least they are thinking of safety and not just how much they can get out of you.

The hospital is in Mapusa and is called the Vrundavan hospital.

E-mail : vhrc@sancharnet.in

Website http://www.vrundavan.com

Tel: 0091 9326102022 or 0091 9822382351

I will let you know what happens on Wednesday or Thursday, watch this space !!!!!!!!!!.

Mike
Just been looking on Ebay There is a link for laser eye surgery :shock: although it is carried out in Mumbia, I just typed into seach box; Goa under tickets and travel, there is also a holiday to North Goa for 2 people departing Gatwick 02/11/07 14 nights currently on £600 2 days left on auction.Allan.
do you mean 2/12/07 as the 2/11/07 has gone :? FC have holidays this cheap staying in the Osbourne 8)

Debi
oops 2 /12/07 nearly as bad as you getting your kids ages wrong :lol: allan
seriously debgreg02 I havent seen holidays for 2 weeks for £300 each what site is this on? allan.
Mike how did your op go? All well I hope?
Hi just thought I'd let you know... Vrundavan hospital is literally 2 minutes walk down the road from The Mango House and one of our volunteers had the laser eye surgery there yesterday. Everything seemed to go well, she had to wait a while before th procedure but the procedure itself was very quick. She did say it was a little uncomfortable and then afterwards she 'crashed' at my place for a rest and spent all afternoon sleeping and resting her eyes. She needed the eye drops quite often and then a bit of paracetamol for the pain, but the next day it's pretty much OK, she says her vision isn't YET as good as it was with the contact lenses but so much better than it was. I think it might take up to a week or two to adjust properly, had to be a bit careful with water and dust, I MIGHT even go myself. I've been wearing glasses for 20 years so it might be nice to throw them away for a while...

Hope his helps

Thanks

Rob
Hi Fizzy2

Either you couldn't make it to the Teama bar meet up or I could not SEE you.

When i had the final test they told me it was not possible because the cornea was to thin, well at least they did not try and rip me off by telling me of course it can be done and then saying afterward it failed because Blah Blah Blah.

Mike
Thanks for the update Mike - very interesting too. I think its possible I would have the same problems re eye surgery as I have been wearing glasses since I was 9 although only needing full time since my twenties.(now 51) Perhaps it is too late for me to take advantage of this fairly "new" innovation in eye surgery :cry: Never mind..... Yes, sorry, we were unable to make the meet at Teama Bar. Only had the 2 week holiday this time and the time just "ran away" as we were so busy with other things - I am sure you understand. Maybe next time hey.
Just an update on the girl who had the laser eye surgery... Aparently her eye sight is getting better and better, although she still needs to rest them during the day (it's been 4 days since the surgery). So sounds good and I might get round to having my done... Hmmm... Eye Surgery or a new motorbike......... - Which shuold I choose? :?
I would go for a new motorbike Rob it might be a little bit too scary driving around with perfect eyesight!! :lol:
I think most people are scared of my driving! - Rather than me being scared of theirs!!! :wink:
Sorry Allan I thought you meant £600 each :oops:
no probs :wink: I knew you thought that, I would snap any up any deal to goa for£300 for 14 days. Allan.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.