Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Rdv sorry to hear you have been put off by your experience but there are other parts of the Island and the building work doesn't go on forever ! Cyprus like other countries (Malta for instance) has been doing a lot of building and rebuilding since coming to the EU and having to bring things upto speed. Tourism is the life blood of many islands and without more hotels, apartments and such it stands still and can't bring in anymore money, hence you see building work.

As for the money, well thats all down to where you eat and what you eat and the poor economy of the UK making our exchange rate poor into the Euro (not Cyprus not giving you enough). If you were getting €1.70 to £1 you would be saying its cheap as chips in Cyprus but you aren't and thats down to the UK and the way the government manage our economy not Cyprus!

hope your next holiday where ever it might be is a good one ! :cheers

Steve
Thanks Steve,
for us Latchi/Polis was a good choice. The problem with the constuction is the fact that a lot of it is unfinished/unsold and its unsightly. The finished products are mostly very attractive. I dont know how the developers find the money to keep building without selling whats built. I was not comparing costs with the UK, just Greece (exclude Athens). Still found eating out in Cyprus cheaper than the UK. Since last visiting Cyprus we have chosen less developed parts of Greece like the Pelion, Poros, Patmos, Peloponesse, Skopolos, Naxos & Lesbos so this amount of development was unexpected. I have not been targetted by touts like this since holidays in the Canaries years ago. Good job we all look for something different on holiday.
one person I know suggested money under beds etc that didn't want to go to the bank for be changed into Euros could be a big source !... (both Cyprus and Malta have lots of new building work going on now...)

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.