Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Late October
9 Posts
Hi Ninkynonk. I was also there for that overcast week and for the following week, which was glorious.I always go late October and usually have lovely warm weather.I love the island at that time as it's a lot quieter, the sea is warmer than in May and I usually have a great tan. Of course I have seen (over 26 years!)rain at this time of year but it's usually a shower and then back to the sun.The rain seems to know when to stop over there, not like here-------where it is persisting as I type!
When we had been coming to Rhodes on holiday [ For 17 years ] we also came in May & October. Only once [in 2007 ] did we have a very bad storm. Otherwise the weather was settled to be warm & sunny. Now living here so will experince the weather year round.
Thanks Anne & Tpebop, thats just what I needed. Mike's patisserie here I come!
Ah yes. I believe we had a conversation about this before!!? :tongue
Filerimos cross by any chance?
I love the views from up there but i've taken people before and they've been terrified!

Anne you visit Rhodes Town more than me, is the Clock Tower still open? You used to be able to pay a small fee and climb the stairs for the most awesome views and i'd like to take my parents if it's still open. I've got so much planned they'll be glad of the second week when we've no car!
Yes, the Filerimos Cross. Fantastic view but those winding steps do nothing for my ancient legs. I had the wobbles for hours! Last year the clock tower was still open Marcus, but I didn't go into the Old Town in May this year.Can try and find out but I should think it'll still be open.Can imagine your parents being real beach bums for the second week after you've tired them out!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.