Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Dont know how true it is but just had an email from friends who have been out in Goa for a few weeks now that as the election draws near the boys in brown are becoming increasingly jumpy about enforcing this. Sseemingly now if you are caught up in a raid on anwhere breaching the rules as well as closing the bar and restuarant and fineing the owner, they have also started stamping the tourists passports thereby making it impossible for them to get another visa !! Anyone heard of this going on ?
Alan
This place gets dafter......Due to cicumstances i'm a bit later this year (20th March arrive) but thanks to a bit of kharma i will miss all the ballyhoo.
Don't know about you Gramps...but I never carry my passport with me when I go out at night!

How would they enforce the stamp??

Another rumour perhaps?
just a rumour re tourists.
but the authorities are cracking down on the bars etc.
Teamas in candolim was closed for a night and then on second offence is banned from selling any alcohol till after the elections.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.