Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I'm booked on this on 11 August - hope they get it cleared up by then. I'm beginning to lose heart already ...... :cry:
Anyone else going then?
Not going on 11 August sailing wish I was.

But dont worry they should have the problem sorted before then.

Also just a reminder we dont know yet its legionnaires disease and we also dont know they got it from the ships water supply. if it is legionnaires they could have contracted it whilst ashore. Everything that FO are doing is just being done as a precaution to ensure everyones safety.

Donna
Heard a radio report this morning saying that the disease has not been contracted on board, and there is no problem with ship. Precautionary measures are being taken however, and ship is cutting short and returning to Dover for "cleansing" treatment. They reckon the passengers involved got this whilst in Russia.

Enjoy your cruise.
According to the bbc news website this evening the passengers did not contract the illness on the ship. This apparently came from the British Health Authority
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6923541.stm

As stated above, the ship was not the source of this outbreak.

At least the ship will be extra clean now, with all this extra attention!

I can start looking forward to it again. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.