UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi,

A few years i did a coach trip to Legoland and we stayed at the Slough Marriot.

lovely hotel, i think that they do packages where you can get a family room and then you get tickets to go to Legoland within the package price.

Judith
Click Here For a list of hotels near Legoland. Each one shows the distance from the park. (Showing 137) but that's without me typing a date in :lol:
Hi all, we go to legoland on a regular basis, avoid the courtyard at marriott like the plague, nice hotel, but terrible area. it was in the news the week after we had been for soemthing not very nice . the marriott on ditton road in slough is beautiful. however i can recommend a lovely b&b have stayed 3 times. really close to the park and a very nice family pub is just down the road(hungry horse) and its within walking distance of town centre.
Just a heads up that the Mirror are running a promotion this week for free Legoland ticket ....you have to collect any 4 coupons from Sat 10th to Fri 16th March - there is an application form in Monday's edition (12th March).

Tickets for Sea Life Sancturaries and The Dungeons are also included in the offer.
Hi carebear

Could you please recommend the B&B as we are hoping to visit Legoland some time later in the summer.

Cheers

Ali x
Hi ali, its called park farm. its in a really good location. walking distance from town (the back way) lots of little pubs,cafes etc. also 10 mins max drive to the park. they have a website as well, they are not the cheapest but they are really friendly and very helpful and they like young children!!. if you need any more help regarding lego land let me know. we have been 4 times now. We LOVE it!!!
Hi everyone

Sorry to hijack the thread but can anyone recommend the suitable age group for Legoland.

I have a 10 and 11 year old and one person has said they would absolutely love it and somebody else has said they are too old!!!!!! :)
Any advice please :)

Ali x
it depends on what the kids are like, some 10 and 11 yr olds are quite grown up for their age. i would say the ideal age is probably 5-9 as they can go on most rides. some rides are only for older kids. have alook at their website with the kids, see what rides they think they would like and then make a decision, cos it is a lot of money if they are not keen. however if they are then it is worth every penny. i dont know how long you are planning to go for , but if you can spend 2 days then you will get your moneys worth. its a lot to do in one day!
I agree with the above post ...I feel my son at 10 is now just getting a little too big to get the best out of another trip .

..there's only a handful of rides that would really appeal to the 10s and over...but there again if your kids are still really into Lego, then it will probably be more attractive.

Legoland is not cheap to enter - even if you manage to get some free tickets or offers.
Considering that it only costs £38 for an adult entry into a Disney park in Florida, I don't think it represents very good value (and anyone who has been to both will understand the difference !).

Personally, I think that Alton Towers would be a better day out for children of that age.
I live 3 miles from Legoland & we go every year for the fireworks. We usually take my niece (who is now 13) but we started taking her about 6 years ago.

She got too old for Legoland when she hit about 10. There are a couple of rides that she enjoys but not enough to warrant paying that much to get in.

I would recommend Chessington World Of Adventures for kids between 10 & 15 instead of Legoland.
Thanks everyone for your replies. You have all given me something to think about

Ali x
Just another pointer for cheap tickets -

.......if you sign up your kids for the Lego club (I think you might be able to join on the Lego site :? ) then they frequently get mailed a magazine that contains coupons for free Legoland entry for kids (when accompanied by an adult).

A good saving as the kids price is almost the same as an adults. :tup
Kids go free offer in the Daily Telegraph for Legoland today - Monday 25/06/07

:)
It's all relative. I have seen guys in their twenties enjoying Legoland. :oops: I suppose there's only one way to tell if they're gonna like it or not. If your kid likes Lego he will probably enjoy Legoland as well.
sorry if there is a topic about this

i went to legoland last year and loved it, looking at the possibilty of staying at one of the legoland hotels just for over night, has anyone done this?

im disabled so really need a hotel as close to legoland as possible do you know if there is one that close?

just want to know what im letting myself in for really, as i have never done it before.

thanks a lot

cat
Hi cat .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing Legoland topic, which may provide some useful info and hopefully attract further feedback too.

Could I ask please that you try and avoid use of phone text style abbreviations such as u, coz, etc as some of our visually impaired members rely on screen readers which cannot decypher phone text.

Many thanks
David :wave
fine...im disabled too, so its eaier for me to write in that wording so sorry thats not allowed here i have changed it for everyone else
That's great, thanks :tup
David :wave
If you have your own transport, i would say to stay at a bigger hotel. They will probably be more disabled friendly. Stay clear of the courtyard marriott. There is a marriott on ditton road (slough/windsor i think it is) we stayed there before we flew off from heathrow so isnt that close, but is a lovely hotel and the staff were very friendly. There are a lot of b&b's in the area,so it might be owrth checking those out. Avoid staying in Windsor itself, it's quite hilly (obviously as there is a castle ;) ).

Hope that helps
Care bear
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.