Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
We holidayed at Des Menhirs at Carnac in 2006 with Eurocamp. The family opposite us were there for the 4th or 5th time with Matthews but because they went to the same site every year, they investigated the site's own accommodation for future years. They were very impressed with the quality of the accomodation and looked at the various options available. They were seriously thinking about booking directly with the site.
The Sunday Times last year gave Chateau des Ormes at Dol de Bretagne a great write up for its accommodation. We were there last summer with Keycamp and can vouch for the site.
Thanks for that feedback Elaine. I will look at those two sites on the web.

Paul
I'm guessing that as you're looking at school holidays, you're travelling with kids. We found the Carnac site particularly good with the children in tow as it was only 5 minutes walk from a great beach and the town is 5 minutes walk too so we weren't going through the rigmarole of putting them into the car every time we wanted to go somewhere. It was very hot during the day when we were there so several times we fed the kids their tea fairly early and then took them down to the beach for a paddle and a play in the sand before bedtime. The town itself has lots of bars and restaurants (mainly selling steaks, burgers, pizzas, etc rather than traditional French food or sea food) which are all within easy walking distance. Chateau Des Ormes is a few miles out of town and although it has great facilities you're totally dependent on the car so if you go off site for a meal, someone is on soft drinks.
Elain

Thanks for the information. After talking to some friends we have decided to go to Vandee. I will keep you advice in mind for next year!

Thanks

Paul
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.