Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Lesvos is quiet and probably not too much to do for children I think you would be far better going to Parga with him loads going on there. We go to Lesvos every year and stay in Molyvos and never see many children. We were in Parga as well this year and have booked again for next July.
We stayed in Petra when we went to Lesvos. It's quite a way from the airport but it is worth it.
The beach was lovely and the locals very friendly. We didn't see to many kids but to be honest it wasn't school holiday time.
It was one of these places where you could go into the kitchen to pick what you wanted to eat. The nightlife wasn't 'jumping' - it was mainly around a few tavernas and bars however I understand that there has been some building there since we were there so it's worth checking it out.
I stayed in Petra about 8 years ago and really liked it. It has a rugged beauty and you can walk to Molyvos from there (or of course get a taxi).

I totally recommend!
Paulo

Have had many very happy holidays in Lesvos.

We took our kids when they were little and again when they were more Kevin & Perry age and they loved it but in all honesty they had to make their own fun.

We love Petra and Molyvos although not so keen on Anaxos which doesnt do it for us. If you do go, book a taxi from the airport or hire a car as the coach transfers can be a mare, taking perhaps an hour and a half to 2 hours to Petra/Molyvos.

Pete
We went to Lesvos (Petra) this September. Found it to be less 'touristy' than other Greek islands, but this is what we liked about it, so we had a wonderful time. As others have said, there were not that many children around though.
There are the odd music bars dotted around, but when we were there, they were not open. Maybe in high season?
We stayed at the Panorama hotel in Petra on a B&B basis. I can recommend this hotel. I have done a review on that and the resort on here if you require more information.

Dave
Lesvos is an island blessed with a unique environment that changes from side to side, ancient volcanic actions has endow Lesvos the unique petrified forest at the dry rocky west part, instead of an olive silver and pine green rest part. But also a history through ages that we cannot leave unnoticed, monuments, evidences the existence of several cultures that has been established in the past of time. Ancient Greek temples, Roman aqueducts, pale Christian churches, Ottoman temples and buildings all well preserved and available for travellers who would like to combine holidays with history research. Lesvos is a place that can attract and entertain visitors four seasons a year. Popular sandy beaches with award winning crystal waters jointed with hotels for any taste, sea sports and jeep tours, romantic dinners under the moon in a traditional tavern next to the sea, all this and much more for the summer. Ecotourism and nature hunters for the winter, participation in preparing traditional products like olive oil, cheese and sweets in small cooperatives, hiking through paths, up on the hills and next to small waterfalls, healing baths in natural hot springs combined with family accommodations in small villages its sure that it will be a revitalizing part of life for each visitor. All the above making this island perfect for escape in nature and Lesvos safari tours has scheduled and prepared several tours and activities, for each season of the year guaranteeing an unforgettable time in a Greek traditional life in real.
http://www.lesvos-safaritours.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.